Take GRE again or apply with old score?

Hi friends…

I finished my GRE two years back got 1250 (700 Quants + 550 Vocabs)…
Now am working as a software engineer…i would like to pursue my M.S in computer science stream itself though i did my bachelor degree in communication engineering … Is this score is enough or should i take it again…

Thanks in advance
Balaji

Your quant score should really be closer to 800, so yes, I’d consider retaking. Do some prep and take some practice tests and see how you score before registering for the real GRE.

I agree with lk50df; but bear in mind your work experience will also count in the application process since its in the same field

Thanks dakini and lk50df…

I will be taking GRE again to improve my quant score… I heard that exam pattern has been changed recently… not sure about what are the changes … I suppose there should be a link or some previous posts having info on the pattern of GRE… could anyone please send it at the same time i will also check for those…

what would be a decent score both Verbal + Quants ?

Thanks,
Balaji.

As far as I know, its not changing till next year. Go on the official GRE website and you should get the info you need from there. They have a lot of downloads w/ helpful information. That should be your first step. I am not applying for anything CLOSE to your field so you will have to check the individual university’s websites for the scores you need. Apparently they are required (by law?) to post the average scores of their applicants. For example, I went on UCLA for my course and it told me that I need 700 verbal but math wasn’t as important at all nor was the analytical essays. Hope this helps!