Such/ so. please help me

1 so

2 acceptable

3 They treated me for a hearing problem.

1. There are such / so few good programms on TV that I rarely watch it.

2. Either I or Tom likes/ doesn’t like beef.

3. They treated me for/ with/ to a heard problem.

2 Likes
  1. So few. "So’ is an adverb, id describes a verb, an adjective or a quantifier. “Few” is a quantifier, therefore “so few”.
2 Likes
  1. They treated me for a hearing problem.
2 Likes

What about number 2 teacher:
Either I or Tom likes/ doesn’t like beef. I choose “doesn’t like” is this right because I think Either …or usually goes with negative form?

And two more please help me.

1. I ’ d like to try those shoes on, please. - What size are you? or Are they black. Which one should I choose.

2. You cannot talk/ should not talk when the teacher is taliking.

1 Like

There are so few good programmes on TV that I rarely watch them.

I don’t think ‘either … or’ cannot go with positive ideas.
For example: Either he or I have to do the work.

1. I’d like to try those shoes, please.
  2. You should not talk when the teacher is teaching. (This makes better sense)
2 Likes

Why we can you" you cannot park here, but we could not use you cannot talk when the teacher is talking? Please help me to clearify it. MAny thanks.

1 Like

I’m afraid I can’t quite follow you. Can you please try to rephrase your question?

Tuyet, I assume that you want to know why you cannot use You cannot talk when the teacher is talking. If so, I’d say that since talking is done to some particular person, you can use any of the following based on the situation and make it more suitable:

1. You cannot talk (to someone else and cause disturbance) when the teacher is teaching.
  2. You cannot interrupt when the teacher is talking (to you or someone else).
  3. You cannot talk (to anyone else) when the teacher is talking (to a particular person).
2 Likes