Successful skills

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: What are some important skills a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today? Choose skills and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Today, the world became more complex, even the people whom have lived in it. So the human needs to be more smart in dealing with these changes. Successful person means there are specific skills in his or her characteristic that made from him an effective person. Some of these skills are knowledge, cooperation, good communication and others. In my opinion, the most important skills are public speaking and critical thinking.

First and foremost, the most important skill is public speaking. The ability to speak clearly, persuasively, and forcefully in front of an audience – whether an audience of 1 or of thousands – is one of the most important skills anyone can develop. People who are effective speakers come across as more comfortable with themselves, more confident, and more attractive to be around. Being able to speak effectively means you can sell anything – products, of course, but also ideas, ideologies, worldviews. And yourself – which means more opportunities for career advancement, bigger clients, or business funding.

Secondly, an important skill a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today is critical thinking. We are exposed to hundreds, if not thousands, of times more information on a daily basis than our great-grandparents were. Being able to evaluate that information, sort the potentially valuable from the trivial, analyze its relevance and meaning, and relate it to other information is crucial – and woefully under-taught. Good critical thinking skills immediately distinguish you from the mass of people these days.

Last but not least, one of the important skill is self - management. If success depends on effective action, effective action depends on the ability to focus your attention where it is needed most, when it is needed most. Strong organizational skills, effective productivity habits, and a strong sense of discipline are needed to keep yourself on track.

To sum up briefly, nothing is impossible but to become possible it needs some skills to catch the stars by your hands and shine in the world of successful. Public speaking and critical thinking are not the only skills to achieve the goals but the basic.

4 Likes

I appreciate your skills that you have, you can improve your writing by keep posting on the forum and Forum will recommend you to buy grammar materials and improve your writing skill. Forum Moderator will do corrections, if any. I do not have the skill to correct your passage since I am also learner. Wish you all the best. The success will come to us unless we try for that.

S.Shanthi

2 Likes

I hope this can help a little bit.

3 Likes

Hi PhuongDu, I always think it is great to get feedback from multiple sources if possible, so this is my take on your essay. Your introduction had a lot of errors, but your writing seemed to be much better in your body paragraphs. I think your organization was good, but adding some specific examples to illustrate your arguments would have been a big improvement and made your essay more convincing. Here are some specific suggestions:

4 Likes