Success comes from hard work :)

Do you agree with the following statement?
It was easier to achieve success in the past than it is today.

Some people may think that in the past it was easy to achieve success. However, I strongly oppose to that idea and think that it is even easier to gain success nowadays.

One of the reason is that we are living in the era of modern technologies with the Internet connecting people all over the world. An entrepreneur in Vietnam now could easily set up his own worldwide business just by creating a website. A student in Japan could pursue their undergraduate study in America while still sitting in Tokyo. Modern technologies have shortened all the distance and brought countless benefits to us. As long as you know how to take advantage of them, the success is surely yours.

Moreover, I think that success comes from hard work. No matter when and where you live, it is you who decide your own life and create your own success. Blaming others and circumstances for your failure is the worst excuse. Instead of wasting time complaining and crying for your pathetic life, why don’t you take that time to think about how to improve it?

Another reason is that everything has its own difficulties. As a descendant, you may think that the way to success of our ancestors was much easier than ours but that is because you take the view of a modern person. Just imagine this, if I had talked about a tablet computer with a touch screen 10 years ago, people at that time would have thought I must be insane. And now, when the iPad and the iPhone have become so popular, you may think they are so ordinary but was it really easy to create an iPhone in 2000?

To sum up, success doesn’t depend on when or where you live. As long as you have a good idea, a big dream and the persistence to achieve it, you will take what you deserve.

===============================================================
Hi everyone,
I’m working on enhancing my writing skill :slight_smile: Looking forward to your corrections.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a campus patrolman

Do you agree with the following statement?
It was easier to achieve success in the past than it is today.

Some people may think that in the past it was easy to achieve success. However, I am strongly opposed to that idea and think that it is even easier to gain success nowadays.

One of the reason is that we are living in the era of modern technologies, with the Internet connecting people all over the world. An entrepreneur in Vietnam now could easily set up his own worldwide business just by creating a website. A student in Japan could pursue their undergraduate study in America while still sitting in Tokyo. Modern technologies have shortened all the distances and brought countless benefits to us. As long as you know how to take advantage of them, the success is surely yours.

Moreover, I think that success comes from hard work. No matter when and where you live, it is you who decide your own life and create your own success. Blaming others and circumstances for your failure is the worst excuse. Instead of wasting time complaining and crying for your pathetic life, why don’t you take that time to think about how to improve it?

Another reason is that everything has its own difficulties. As a descendant, you may think that the way to success of our ancestors was much easier than ours, but that is because you take the standpoint of a modern person. Just imagine this, if I had talked about a tablet computer with a touch screen 10 years ago, people at that time would have thought I must be insane. Yet now, when the iPad and the iPhone have become so popular, you may think they are so ordinary, but was it really easy to create an iPhone in 2000?

To sum up, success doesn’t depend on when or where you live. As long as you have a good idea, a big dream and the persistence to achieve it, you will take what you deserve.

========================================================
Again you have turned in excellent work Gianglp, and this time you WILL get what you deserve.

10/10 *****

Thanks for your compliment, Kitos :slight_smile: I think I still have a lot of things to learn. I will try my best in the up-coming TOEFL test. Thanks again for spending time reading and grading my essay :slight_smile: