Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends

Dear, please check my essay. Any comment would be great. Many thanks.

As a student, teachers really have a huge influence on us. They taught us knowledge and guide us to explore the unknown areas. Good teachers may even set examples for us and our life may be changed by them. However as far as I am concerned, friends are much more important than teachers through one’s life.

First of all, we usually spend more time with friends, which may in turn result in the deeper affection. While we interact with teachers mainly in classrooms, friends accompany us the whole day. We go to school with friends; we discuss question with friends in class; we play games with friends after class; we go back home and do the homework together with friends; We go trip with friends at weekends. Almost in every minute of our life, we interact with our friends. Through so much time spent with friends, we learn from each other, help each other, understand each other and finally, we get to influence each other.

Furthermore, friends can influence every aspect of our life while teachers mainly focus on study. You may turn to a teacher if you have a math problem. However, when you encounter many other problems, for instance, you fall in love with a girl and you want to count a girl. What would you do? I am sure that you will tell your friends about that and ask him or her to give you the suggestion. Or, I am sure that most of you have complained something about the teachers or parents together with your friends. Friends are always the ones who are at the same age and they always face the similar choices as us. They are most likely the ones that can understand the difficulties and troubles we face and we tend to give a complete trust to them. Therefore, their remarks and choices usually have a tremendous influence on us.

In addition, while teachers teach us for a certain period of time, good friends can keep us company for a lifelong time. Now, we are students, we discuss our math problems and determine what universities to take. Then, when we leave college, we wonder which job to take. Then, when we grow older, we discuss which partner to marry and how to bring up our children. We can always play together when we have time; we help each other when friends are in trouble; we share our happiness and sorrow with friends. Friends accompany us for a life time and we influence each other for a life time.

In the final analysis, I hold the point of view that friends have more influence since friends spend much more time with us and they are always the ones who understand us better and good friendship can last all one’s life. Though teachers are very important in the growth of a child, friends exert much more influence throughout one’s life.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does the professor imply about Leonardo da Vinci?

1 Like

Dear, please check my essay. Any comment would be great. Many thanks.

As students, teachers really have a huge influence on us. They teach us knowledge and guide us to explore the unknown areas. Good teachers may even set examples for us and our lives may be changed by them. However as far as I am concerned, friends are much more important than teachers through one’s life.

First of all, we usually spend more time with friends, which may in turn result in a deeper affection. While we interact with teachers mainly in classrooms, friends accompany us the whole day. We go to school with friends; we discuss question with friends in class; we play games with friends after class; we go back home and do the homework together with friends, we go on trips with friends at weekends. In almost every minute of our lives, we interact with our friends. Through so much time being spent with friends, we learn from each other, help each other, understand each other and finally, we get to influence each other.

Furthermore, friends can influence every aspect of our lives while teachers mainly focus on study. You may turn to a teacher if you have a maths problem. However, when you encounter many other problems, for instance, you fall in love with a girl and you want to court a girl, what would you do? I am sure that you will tell your friends about that and ask him or her to give you a suggestion. Or, I am sure that most of you have complained about the teachers or parents together with your friends. Friends are always the ones who are at the same age and they always face the similar choices as us. They are most likely the ones that can understand the difficulties and troubles we face, and we tend to give a complete trust to them. Therefore, their remarks and choices usually have a tremendous influence on us.

In addition, while teachers teach us for a certain period of time, good friends can keep us company for a life-time. Now, we are students, we discuss our maths problems and determine what universities to take. Then, when we leave college, we wonder which job to take. Then, when we grow older, we discuss which partner to marry and how to bring up our children. We can always play together when we have time; we help each other when friends are in trouble; we share our happiness and sorrow with friends. Friends accompany us for a life-time and we influence each other for a life-time.

In the final analysis, I hold the point of view that friends have more influence, since friends spend much more time with us, and they are always the ones who understand us better, plus, good friendship can last all one’s life. Though teachers are very important in the growth of a child, friends exert much more influence throughout one’s life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A really confidently written essay Tammy. Thank you.

Kitos. 9/10

1 Like

Thank you for your review! I will work harder!
May you give me some advice about how to write this topic “In order to become financially responsible adults, children should learn to manage their own money at a young age”. I could’t come up with any specific points or reasons or examples. Many thanks!

1 Like

Write down the first two things that came into your head. These are your two answers.

Lie your head off … just make up two interesting paragraphs. quoting examples of how you became financially savvy at an early age, and what would have happened if you hadn’t?

1 Like

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

If someone can review my essay, I would appreciate it. I have my Toefl test in a couple of days,

Thank you

Students are more influential by their teachers than their friends

It is well-known that teachers represent the most worthy and confident source of knowledge to almost all human beings. When teachers spend a lot of time with their students, especially with young children, they become second parents. However, could students be more influenced by their teachers than their friends? I concur with the statement for some reasons I will explain as follow:

Overall, teachers embody all of the qualities to be good examples to their students. They teach students how to be good people in society play an important role in human life. Therefore, from the eyes of students, all teachers influence to follow. Usually, students see an example on them and want to mimic their behavior as well. For instance, my professor of sociology was a kind person. She always taught us how to act fine in different situations. One day a classmate did not have money to get the materials for doing a job, and she gave him all the materials to complete the assignment. Curiously the project of our classmate was the best of all, and his happiness was incredible. Since that, we have learned the sense of help others always we can.

Additionally, teachers are not just authority but also can be reliable people to their students. Students who keep their same schools for years, use to get the subject from the same teacher until the end of school. That means teachers will be a model of influence to their students because of the time, the knowledge, and experiences shared during the entire academic period of students. Indeed, students tend to feel love and respect for those who taught them the basic and important stuff to face the world by themselves.

On the other hand, friends can be just a person with whom share enjoyable moments. It does not imply you will want to be like your friends or be influenced by them because of their bad way to act or thought. For instance, parents sometimes do not allow their children to keep a specific friend because of their behavior, which interrupts that bad influence and probably cuts down that friendship forever. By contrast, it never occurs with professors.

Putting all those arguments together, we can conclude that professors bear on students’ life more influence than their friends can represent to them.

1 Like

I like the essay you have written. Nicely done!

1 Like

We always work for a better tomorrow, But when tomorrow comes. Instead of enjoying We again think of a better tomorrow…! Let’s have a better today !!

1 Like