Student should understand ideas and concept or by learning facts

It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.
Do u agree or disagree ?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

God has gifted uniqueness to each and every individual. Everyone of us have different perceptions, different thinking and different ideas. A individual has his /her own ideas and the concepts based on what s/he learns and experiences from past events. Although we learn from certain facts, I still believe that a student, who understands ideas and concepts, would learn things more clearly and easily.

First, belief and facts are created by human being based on former experiments and experiences that people generally follow. The teachers or the professors clear the concepts of theories, which were proved earlier, to students that makes more sense to understand that topic easily. For example, To teach how to swim, a instructor gives some ideas and demo about the techniques. After that a learner applies same idea to swim. So, by giving demo and teaching technique, the instructor clears concept to the learner for easiness.

Second, along with preformed facts , one’s thinking becomes limited. To expand a vision to see a world from different angle, one should have clear understanding of any subject. For example, if Sir Newton would not have thought about why the apple fall in one direction, the invention of the law of gravity would not be possible. Thus, other than following completely to facts, one can apply own ideas to learn things.

In conclusion ; today’s fast growing world, everyday changes happens in technology , just because everyone has come up with new invention and ideas. Thus, I strongly agree that a student should understand ideas and concepts rather than learning the facts as it gives detailed and clear view.

TOEFL listening lectures: How would the professor most probably categorize Shinto?

Hi Kattie, i thought your essay was pretty good. You addressed the topic well and your format was effective. You have provided some good specific examples that support your reasons well. Your second topic sentence was a little confusing to me though. You also had quite a few errors in grammar and phrase construction and some poor word choices. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

Thank you Mr. Luschen. I will try to improve in few of my repetitive grammatical mistakes. What other things do I need to improve in my essay? Thank u in advance… MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY…:slight_smile: