Stromberg really rocks!

I must admit I don’t watch German TV that much as there are only a limited number of programs that are worth my time. Stromberg definitely is one the few. It’s the German version of “The Office” and it’s just great as it shows German corporate life as it really is. Has anyone ever seen “The Office” or even “Stromberg”?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: An employee compliments his co-worker on her new briefcase[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

All the best TV ideas are stolen from UK; the office, Quiz Taxi,Ready Staedy Cook!

Who wants to be a millioniare? etc ; )

There is a French version of the offcie as well.

Ricky Gervais (the office writer) has a new series, called extras, check it out on youtube, it is great.

Hi Stew,

You are right. The British seem to be the number one nation when it comes to creating and marketing rock/pop music and TV shows. And the best part: it’s all in English ;-). But why exactly is that? Is it because the British seem to have this special kind of humour? Or is it because the British live on islands away from hectic and stress out mainland societies? By the way, did you see all episodes of “The Office”? Which one did you like best?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Asking for a quote on printer cartridges[YSaerTTEW443543]

The British version of The Office is great but the American version is not funny at all.

It’s because misery fertilises humouristic soil. Give it a lot of rain, unemployment, bad nourishment and alcoholism, and you get great comedy, music and satires. In all of these areas, Ireland is even better :wink: