Spending leisure time outdoors or indoors?

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to spend their leisure time indoors. Would you prefer to be outside or would you prefer to be inside for your leisure activities? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice.

There has been a heated debate concerning the free time. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of spending free time outdoors. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says that spending leisure time indoors is much better. In my opinion, I concur with the former for three primary reasons.

First and foremost, spending free time outdoors helps us reduce stress and maintain a positive and optimistic spirit. When going out, there are many trees, enjoying the green space helps us to fight depression, improve our mood and ability to remember. For instance, during one time after stressful study hours, I and my friends went for a walk together in a park, we breathed the fresh air and felt happier. When I get home, my mind becomes more comfortable and easier to concentrate on doing homework.

In the second place, spending time outdoors can stimulate our creativity and boost our imagination. Because when we are surrounded by trees and other objects, our imagination and creativity will be greatly promoted. By the way of illustration, once a teacher assigned a drawing exercise in my mind there was no new idea, when going out in the fresh and pleasant weather, the ideas rushed to me.

Thirdly and the most importantly, it helps us increases motor skills. Outdoor activities with games such as jumping rope, playing sports and so on not only bring us fun but also help us learn how to react, flexibly control hands, feet and body. From there, we improve mobility, agility, coordination and balance. At the same time helps us improve bone density and develop better muscles.

To sum up, I prefer spending free time outdoors to spending free time indoors. It helps us reduce stress and maintain a positive and optimistic spirit, stimulate our creativity and boost our imagination and also increase motor skills.

3 Likes