Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hi, everyone,
I have a bad experience about hair cutting.
Besides, I want to have an english name for myself. Could anyone help to commend me a name whose pronounciation I hope whould sound like: ‘houday’.

Seems there is some thing wrong with my previous voice recording.

Hi Cgk,

It seems that for girls, having hair cut by yourselves is much easier than men do, except he’d like to shave! I normally have a hair cut in around a haft an hour, and it’s cheap here in Vietnam anyway! Of course, it’s more expensive if you have your hair cut in the luxury places.

That’s what I can say now.

My to-do list for today is:
1st: practicing for the driving license test will take place in next Thursday: done!
2nd: bumming around this forum and post some messages or voice messages: almost done!
3rd: reviewing and studying for the next English test, GMAT: on going!

That’s it! Thanks and may see you again tomorrow! :slight_smile:

For Monday
Hey folks,
Today was nice day, even the sun shows beyond the clouds.I’ve spoken to a friend who is going to study for 1 year in the Czech Republic and he explained to me about his exam.
I was very impressed because the exam was very hard, it was at technical english essay and speaking.The topic were something like “Expain the situation of development of hi-tech in your country and the future of 3G technology here” and “The WiMAX”.
On the other hand I’m feeling by far the most motivated since I’ve learned the language to take the same exam and currently adjusting my day routine for studying hard .

You should use your micro to speak out your post which is the main purpose of this thread.

Hieupt you are a bit faster than the light :smiley: I’ve just posted it and edited the mistakes.

Yes, I think so! And sorry for this! :slight_smile:

See you around, Boris…

I want to join your topic to hairdressers because I go to to stylist frequently.My hair becomes erected when it grows too much.

On Tuesday I subscribed to club of mathematics in the university.I used to go on competitions of mathematics when I was in the high school.Actually I like olimpiads for the sake of training my nerves on exams.
My report for today will be later now I have some studies to do and you will hear my voice again.

Hi fellow contributors,

Thanks to everyone for joining in the conversation. The ‘hair’ topic certainly seems to have started a discussion. Today is an important day for remembering all those people who were killed during the two World Wars and of course all those who have died in recent wars. The date recalls the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918 when the guns fell silent. It was in June this year that the oldest surviving soldier of the First World War died at the age of !!3

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … -dies.html

Alan

Thanks Alan for this story! :slight_smile:

What a longevity! 113 is a magic number!

Hi all,

here in Germany, Fasching has started at 11.11 o’clock. Fasching, or Karneval as it is also called in some areas, begins on the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour and the 11th minute. Others like to call it “Deutsche verordnete Fröhlichkeit”, teazing the usually considered humorless Germans as being decreed to merrymaking until Fastnacht in February, when Fasching is brought to the grave on Aschermittwoch (Ash Wednesday). On Monday and Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, we all dress up in silly outfits and run around in the streets drinking and bawling, as though we had won an important soccer game. There will be carnival processions with effigies of our politicians and other famous personalities, and children will eagerly try and catch hard candy, which will be hurled from the wagons. In other countries, they call this madness Mardi Gras. Although . . . there are slight differences between Fasching and Mardi Gras, depending on the country you’re in. I don’t really care for Fasching, because to me, it is much too political to be truly jolly and too . . . hm . . . how should I put it? Too “constructed” to be fun.

Wow, a 113! I plan to live to the year 3000, but I don’t think I’ll make it.

See you!

Hi, everyone,
I just checked out this morning on VOA that America is building a World War Two Museum.
Let’s pray for the eternal peace.
11.11 is also the Single’s Day.

Well, Top of the Day everyone…

A little Elvis Presley to begin this mornings recording session. Another splendid day weather wise, but unfortunately I won’t be able to see it.

Most of my day today, and actually the rest of the week will be spent recording the FREE listening exercises for english-test.net. I know that most of you have seen these exercises, but for those who have not, I’ve included a link below.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Tom

english-test.net/toeic/liste … obahn.html

Good morning, Torsten and everyone,

Today I don’t have much to say! I’m just thinking that we should set this thread become highest priority so that it will be displayed on top of the topic which would help the members to find it easier.

How do you think?

Today I’ve learned some English words, the differences between phrasal verbs and for hundredth time used to/would .
For phrasal verbs our english teacher gives us advice to write for example the fragment “off” or “up” and to learn as many as we could verbs.Actually in this forum I haven’t seen s.o. to practise this kind of learning.
Here in my town the flu broke out and it is hilarious when you enter in the bus and see people are with masks.In the TV was said that these masks are nonsense for the illness.
Today i was at a walk, searching for new monitor and of course i found.Now I’m saving up for it but first of all i have to pay back some money to a friend i owe him.

Hi there!

I can only concur with Borislav that the cold and flu is going around. I’m not worried about the swine flu, though, strangely enough. I never went and got vaccinated for it either. I only want to get poked with a needle if it is absolutely necessary. I heard bad things about the vaccine and I prefer strengthening my immune system to getting a shot. Besides, a lot what the media says is hype, so while it is good to take care of oneself, it is also good to keep a clear head and not get hysterical. Knock on wood, I haven’t had a cold in two years and I don’t even remember what a flu feels like.

Stay healthy!

Claudia

Good morning Claudia, Alan and to the regular contributors of this thread.

Sorry if I have “dropped off the map” these passed few days, but I am a creature of habit, and I had no wish for my posts to become repetitive and boring, so I’ve simply sat back and read all of your posts.

Tomorrow is my favourite day. Saturday, Flohmarkt (car-boot sale) day! A big event in my sad life, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: but the weather forecast doesn’t look too promising, so it’s time to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

If, as is threatened,it rains all day, I will be restricted to surfing the net for something to entertain myself with.

Already I feel I am becoming boring, so I’ll close until tomorrow.

Bye for now. Kitos.

Good afternoon everyone!

I’ve just taken the long-distant driving exercises this morning with the tutor for the driving test will take place next Thursday!

Right now, I’m doing some kind of English exercises to gain more knowledge and improving my speaking skills. Just decided to stop for a while to post this message which I’ve tried to make it everyday as a habit.

I think it’s fun to record and listen your own voices (oop, how awful my voice is!). I’ve tried to keep these recording exercises but I know that I’ll never listen to it again.

I can’t believe that tomorrow is Saturday which I like best because I can completely enjoy my favorite badminton games! But the thing is that I will also have the class from 1:45pm to 9:30pm. What a long weekend! :slight_smile:

Anyway, hope you guys have a nice weekend! Thank you!

Good morning,

Oh woe, oh woe. Flu, wind and rain - that would make a good title for a pop group of miserable singers. I need cheering up. Incidentally, Claudia what’s all this about Fasching in November? I’m confused. I thought it was in the Spring prior to Easter. I can remember it well when I experienced it when I was living in Aachen. The pubs stayed open for 4 days on the trot. I was just getting used to the idea when suddenly it stopped. So how come in your neck of the woods it’s in November? I’d like to hear more about the car boot sales you go to, Bill. What sort of things do you buy?

Ah well, back to the flu, wind and rain!

Alan

Hi Alan, I am mainly on the look-out for English educational books and paperbacks.

Last week I bought a brand-new condition Raymond Murphy book on English grammar for only one Euro, now THAT is a bargain. They are currently fetching fifteen Euro on Amazon and EBay and that is for a second-hand copy. I find many English grammar books this way.
Huge Oxford dictionaries for three or four Euro. I have amassed quite a collection, and all for less than thirty Euro.

There appears to be so many people who start to learn English, and then they just give up trying, having purchased expensive books. Their loss is my gain!

I also buy and sell jewellery, at least my girlfriend does. She is an expert in the field as she was once the owner of a jewellery shop, so she knows what’s what when it comes to buying gold and silver articles.

Buying Xmas gifts at knock-down prices seems to be the “big thing” at the moment.
I’ve already acquired most of my Xmas gifts at bargain prices so I can now relax.

OK, I’ll clam-up now and give someone else a chance.

Bill.