Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hello Enthutiastic,

Thank you for your response. May I know where from you are, and what are your interests?

It would be nice to record your voice messages and post them here. Please send more and more posts in this forum!

Thanks,

Mujibur

Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

happy friendship day!!!

hi to all

Hi to all!

Hello everyone,

Hello everyone, I am Rinaldo I live in Brasil I have signed to this website, but I don’t know how to make contact with other people around the world, I would like to meet people to practice my english through skype if it is possible, currently I am not working cause I am on a medical licence so I long to spend my time doing what I like to do like speaking in english and meet new people. sorry for my english I have only 1 year and half of studying this language.

What’s up, and today is grands day lol

Hello Mujibur, I have noticed by your name and accent that you might be from India. am I right? I’m an english studant and my favourite accent is indian accent I hope to be in touch with you to improve my english and maybe to learn your accent! regards by the way I am from Brazil

Hello Mujibur, I have noticed by your name and accent that you might be from India. am I right? I’m an english studant and my favourite accent is indian accent I hope to be in touch with you to improve my english and maybe to learn your accent! regards by the way I am from Brazil.

rinaldo.tavares.da.silva this is my skype account by the way I am plenty of time these days I am 1 month off work for I had a problem with my foot. ok

hello charllote I woul like to practice my englsh with you my skype perfil is rinaldo.tavares.da.silva it will be good.

Hello Rinaldo,

it’s nice to meet you.
A good Forum friend of ours by the name of Megan, organizes free skype sessions regularly. Nonetheless she’s been away for a while due to medical recommendations. But another good friend by the name of Yuri is trying to organize a session for next Sunday.
If you are interested, the link to the topic where the signing up posts are made and where you can find some more information is :
english-test.net/forum/ftopic81399.html
Hope to see you there.
See you,
Mauricio.

Hello Rinaldo,
You’re almost correct that though I’m not from India, I’m from Bangladesh which is a neighboring country of India. It’s my pleasure to have you in my Skype list and to practice spoken English together with you; especially, we can take part in the Skype conversational group sessions regularly. I’m happy to see your name on the participant list there of the 29th July on Sunday.

Hello Mauricio,
Thanks a lot for your active participation and consistent postings here in the forum pages. Your posts are quite encouraging for everyone around! Is it correct that in Brazil you pronounce “Hinaldo” than “Rinaldo”? :slight_smile:

Let we all take part in this “Speaking English for 20 seconds a day!” topic page by posting our voice messages regularly!

Thanks,

Mujibur

Hello everyone,

Hello everybody, I would like to share with you useful short texts which appear in the Hungarian 5 perc angol Monthly.

5percangol.hu/images/source_ … Garage.mp3
When damages to a vehicle happen, the car mechanic is responsible for finding out what the problem is and making sure the repairs get done. Keeping a vehicle in good shape for as long as possible is very important, so maintenance of cars and light trucks is another huge part of the car mechanic’s job. Proper maintenance also prevents further damage. Routine maintenance isperformed on all parts of the vehicle, including the engine, transmission, brakes and electrical system. Inspections are also part a mechanic’s job. People bring in their vehicles for inspection at regular intervals throughout the year. Businesses also bring in their company vehicle for regular inspection. The purpose of inspection is to make sure all the parts are in good working order and not becoming worn out or faulty.

Mechanics use several different types of tools: hand tools, power tools, computer diagnostic tools and machine tools. Car mechanics regularly use pneumatic wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers,welders and grinders.

USEFUL DIALOGUES - THE BILL

5percangol.hu/cikk/useful_di … _the_bill/

Version A

Man: Excuse me! I’d like to pay.
Waitress: I´ll get your bill immediately, Sir.
Man: Thank you.
Waitress: Here you are. Thirteen pounds and fifty-five pence, please, sir.
Man: Thank you. Here´s fifteen pounds. You can keep the change.
Waitress: Thank you very much, sir. Have a nice day.

Version B

Man: Can you put these drinks on my tab?
Waitress: Yes, sir. May I have your name and room charge card?
Man: There you go. My name´s Smith, and I’m staying in room 412.
Waitress: Thank you. Would you like to sign here?
Man: Sure.

IMPORTANT PHRASES

Excuse me!– forgive sb for sth
I’d like to pay. – The bill, please;the check ,please (US)
I’ll get you bill immediately. – I bring your bill right away
Here you are. – There you are.
You can keep the change. – You don’t have to give back the change.
Have a nice day. – Have a great day!
Can you put this/these … on my tab? – Add to my running account.
May I have your name? – Will you say your name?
Would you like to sign here? – Would you write your name here?

IMPORTANT WORDS

to pay– to give sc money for sth
bill – a piece of paper that shows how much I have to pay
immediately – at once, right now
to keep something – to continue to have sth
change – here: the money that you get back
to sign – to write your name on a document, letter etc.

Useful words of At the garage #3578 (permalink)

damage [ˈdæmɪdʒ]
vehicle [ˈviːɪkəl]
to happen [tə ˈhæpən]
car mechanic [kɑː mɪˈkænɪk]
to be responsible for [tə bi rɪˈspɒnsəbəl fɔː]
to keep something in shape [tə kiːp ˈsʌmθɪŋ ɪn ʃeɪp]
maintenance [ˈmeɪntənəns]
light truck [laɪt trʌk]
proper [ˈprɒpə]
to prevent [tə prɪˈvent]
to perform on [tə pəˈfɔːm ɒn]
including [ɪnˈkluːdɪŋ]
transmission [trænzˈmɪʃən] = the system in a vehicle by which is power is passed from the engine to the wheels.
inspection [ɪnˈspekʃən]
at regular intervals [ət ˈreɡjʊlər ˈɪntəvəlz]
purpose [ˈpɜːpəs]
to be in good working order [tə bi ɪn ɡʊd ˈwɜːkɪŋ ˈɔːdə]
worn out [wɔːn aʊt]
faulty [ˈfɔːlti]
hand tools [hænd tuːlz]
power tools [ˈpaʊə tuːlz]
pneumatic [njuːˈmætɪk]
wrench [ˈrentʃ]
screwdriver [ˈskruːdraɪvə]
pliers [ˈplaɪəz]
welder [ˈweldə]
grinder [ˈɡraɪndə] - köszörű

USEFUL DIALOGUE/AT THE GARAGE
5percangol.hu/images/source_ … Garage.mp3

Mechanic: I have some bad news for you about your car.
Woman: Oh, no! I thought there may be something wrong. It’s not been driving very well.
Mechanic: Yes, we have found one or two things that will need fixing before you can take it away today.
Woman: Well, I need the car today because I have to pick the children up from school later.
Mechanic: Well, we need to change two tyres on the front and your brakes will need replacing.
Woman: Oh dear! How much is this going to cost?
Mechanic: Well, with parts and labour costs you are looking at about £214.
Woman: Well, if it must be done, please go ahead. When should I pay?
Mechanic: You can pay when you collect the car. We will have it ready in about two hours, so if you can come back later it will be ready.
Woman: Ok, shall I come back about 3 o’clock?
Mechanic: Yes, that will be fine.

IMPORTANT PHRASES

I have some bad news.
It’s not been driving well.
something needs fixing
to change tyres
the breakes need replacing
How much is it going to cost?
With parts and costs you are looking at about … .= you are calculating on about …
When should I pay?
when you collect the car

Picture description (1)-first grade
5percangol.hu/images/source_files/AF_PD9.mp3

This is a picture of a three people, a man, a woman and a young girl. The man is a doctor, because he is wearing a white coat and has a stethoscope around his neck. The man has grey hair and a grey beard. He is wearing glasses. He is wearing a light blue shirt with a dark tie. He is holding a clipboard in his hands. The little girl has light brown hair and is wearing a yellow top. The woman is probably her mother. She has long straight dark hair and is wearing a purple blouse with little black dots. Her hand is on the little girl’s shoulder. The doctor is smiling at the little girl. I think they are at the hospital for a checkup.

Hungarian: 5 Perc Angol-monthly

Apart from using the indefinite article before ‘three’ in the first sentence, your description is error free, Kati. :slight_smile:
This is a picture of three people.

Incidentally, do you know the regular dot pattern on the woman’s blouse is called a polka dot pattern? For example, you could have said “She is wearing a purple blouse with a small black polka dot pattern.” or “She is wearing a purple and black polka dot blouse” or “She is wearing a purple polka dot blouse. The dots are black.”