Speacial usage of 'though ... yet'

Please follow this link zend2.com
It’s about the usage of ‘‘though…yet’’ ,but I don’t understand it very clearly.Here is what it says:

''1). When though is used with a verb in the subjunctive mood (expressing doubt, a condition contrary-to-fact, a wish, a concession) is followed by yet and not by but;

Though he might not have recognised me, yet it is rude of him.
Though she disallowed me, yet I will go to her.‘’
But I think the action "she disallowed me’ is a fact,not a subjunctive.
Please explain it to me as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance :stuck_out_tongue:

The URL you gave didn’t let me into the site.

I can say, though, that we never use “yet” in sentences like that, so I think the explanation is wrong. The first sentence could be said in one of these ways:

Though he might not have recognized me, it is still rude of him.
Though he might not have recognized me, it is nonetheless rude of him.
Though he might not have recognized me, it is nevertheless rude of him.

As for the sentence, “Though she disallowed me, yet I will go to her,” I can say that the grammar is wrong, because they used that “though…yet” arrangement. Beyond that, I can’t tell you anything, because I can’t figure out what the sentence is supposed to mean.

I think you need to get grammar instruction from a different website.

Ah
Because I can’t enter blogspot,so I used Proxy server.And here is its link :
gmat-grammar.blogspot.com/2006/0 … vs-if.html
After you have followed this link ,please look at the left of the screen at “Post title”
You can easily find "though…yet’’ nearly at the bottom of this column.
After reading,please give me your idea.

Hi Duc

Though I liked the write-up about if and whether on that site, the write-up about though… yet is extremely misleading. (Notice that I used though and a comma in my sentence.) I think any possible usage would require this sort of subjunctive:
Though he be dead, he is with us nevertheless/still/yet.

My recommendation would be to forget about trying to combine though and yet. Like Jamie, the examples given on that site only seem wrong to me.

Ok ,thank you very much :smiley:

i am not able to understand the usage of though… and whether "yet " should follow “though”

Please consider the three sentences below.

Though the vast groups of islands that dot the Southern Bay of Bengal have a population of only a few million people, they are home to about a fifth of world’s notified tribes.

Though the vast groups of islands that dot the Southern Bay of Bengal
have a population of only a few million people, nevertheless they are home to about a fifth of world’s notified tribes.

Though the vast groups of islands that dot the Southern Bay of Bengal are populated by only a few million people, yet they are
home to about a fifth of world’s notified tribes.

please let me know which is the correct one…

As for me, I don’t understand why we should use subjunctive mood here:
Though he be dead, he is with us nevertheless/still/yet.

By the way, is my first sentence right or wrong? Besides, is it true that it’s not natural to say this: “according to me”? (I’ve read it in some grammar book)
Thanks a lot
Nessie