Could you please correct my mistakes on the sentences listed below and give some advice if I’m saying them in wrong way?
- The bleeding man is lying on the floor or The bleeding man is on the floor?
- His leg is becoming/become or became numb.
- He is sick with the flu or He is sick. He has the flu.
- Her leg is in plaster or Her leg is in a plaster
- The cat scratched a face or The cat scratched the face.
- Man is walking on the road or The man is walking on the way.
Many thanks for your help in advance
thanks a lot, Thredder ! Your explanations are really useful for me! To be honest I did not exepct to get them so quickly. I really like that forum and I’m going to use it in the future!
Great Thanks for recent got answers and could you please also help to chose what option is correct in following meaning:
- I’m stung by a bee.
- A bee stung me.
- I got stung by a bee.
2 or 3 are fine.
I’d prefer ‘I was stung by a bee’ to ‘I got stung by a bee’, but that’s because I generally don’t like to use ‘got’.