Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher.

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay.

For me it is better to have a teacher because they can always encourage you to study more and to be a better student. Even when I am a responsible person and I am able to plan a schedule to study. Sometimes I need someone who forces me to study and to practice. For example, I had a teacher who forced us to read and answered to three books in the course. That was really tiring to us, but because she made us do it, we finally did it. I think I learned a lot of English from that class, so I think this discipline is sometimes necessary to be better.
On the other hand, we can have books that teach us about many things, but sometimes we need someone who teaches us things that are not in the book. For example, when I study English, I have books about grammatical structures and even pronunciation, but if I write and essay or I try to speak in English, I will need someone who corrects my mistakes. In this case, I really need a teacher if I do not have that persons, I will probably make mistakes and I will not know that for sure. I can try to check my own work, but it is not the same. I need someone else.
In the example of studying English, sometimes we do not find some information in books because it is not academic. In a case like this, we need a teacher who knows about those topics and can teach us the meaning and usage of the things.
For those reasons, I consider that having a teacher is better than studying alone. A teacher can help us in different ways we need to improve our knowledge and abilities.