Some people say that the internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems

Some people say that the internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Since the dawn of civilization, people have been preoccupied with the ways to gather information for their decision-making process. Beyond any doubts, in the modern world, the role of the internet in accessing the vast information is undeniable. In this regard, there is a long-standing discussion among academicians as to whether the internet provides people with valuable knowledge or not. Personally speaking, I concur with the former idea, and in what follows, I will elaborate on my viewpoints.
To begin with, people can access to educational material readily over the internet. Indeed, it can be observed in the twenty-century that the majority of people especially younger ones are equipped with a various assortment of technological devices connecting to the internet, which in turn help them to take online classes or acquiring their favorite skills by browsing the Web without commuting to the traditional classes or frittering away money and time. Take a personal experience as an example; when I was a third-year student, all my classmates got a tutor to teach them mathematics since our teacher in school could not transfer her knowledge competently, but my family was truly poor and could not afford it. Therefore, I decided to start learning on the internet without paying any extra fees so that I could pass my exam with the high grade whereas my friends, who had a tutor, did not get a good grade.
Furthermore, people for getting sound decision require to have information about all aspect of the issue, so the internet can provide them with far-reaching sources of data and information. To put it in the more vivid picture, when the presidential election was coming to our country, all the media such as tv, newspaper were bombarding us with different ideas and perspectives about the candidates. However, their information was not sufficient since each media wanted to attract people toward their selected candidate, which gradually blurred the critical thinking of people. Therefore, I started searching the internet to reach more information about my favorite candidate such as her personal life and background and such like, not highlighted in the media. Having evaluated all the opinions regardless of positive or negative, I made a reasonable decision which was not possible without surfing the internet.
In conclusion, having considered the aforementioned ideas and reasons into account, I firmly believe that people can access notable information on the internet since people not only can take advantage of learning educational skill online way but also they can gather information about all aspect of the decision they want to get.

2 Likes

Hi Sweet, welcome to our forum and many thanks for sharing your essay with us. What kind of feedback do you expect from us and how do you think you can contribute to the growth of our community? As for you essay, it’s written in a language that is easy to understand and quite clearly structured so apparently you have a functional level of English. There certainly are a few minor things you might want to polish but instead of getting every single minor mistake you will benefit much more if you engage in an active discussion about how technology is rapidly transforming every single aspect of life nowadays. What do you think? By the way, it would also be great if you could introduce yourself to us. Where are you from and what do you want to accomplish? Best regards, Torsten

1 Like

hi Torsten,
thank u for reviewing my essay. Unfortunately, I have TOEFL exam next month and I’m so stressed out about my writing :(, so i posted here to use advises.

2 Likes

Hi Sweet, I know that you have posted your essay because you will soon take the TOEFL exam. What score are you aiming at and why? By the way, please not that the noun advice is uncountable.

1 Like

thanks for your advice :slight_smile: I want to apply for a Phd position actually I need to get higher than 96.
24 for writing :confused:

2 Likes