Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient

Could you check my essay and see if it is off-topic? Thank you~!

Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion?

There is no doubt that in many places computers play an important role in people’s daily lives. Some people say that computers open a new era and new world, while others do not. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose one, I would say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Here are some reasons why.

First of all, it is applied to students and workers the most significantly. Computers have many functions to utilize. When these functions are well used, it is likely to improve work performance. For example, my brother used to go to the library to do his assignments. He searched for relevant books and read all through the books to pick up the right information and data. It takes a long time for him to do so he was often late to submit his assignments. However, He has changed little by little after using the computer and the internet. He could surf the internet and find great sources and put them together conveniently in a couple of hours. In addition, he could use Zoom for group assignments with his team members without having to meet them in person. He realized how wonderful using the computer is. He said He doesn’t want to go back to life without having it.

Second of all, some people say that computers made people’s lives more complex and stressful. If you have things you never had or experienced, it is natural to feel that way. For instance, I recommended my mother use the computer for grocery shopping. She rejected to do it at first but I taught her one by one slowly how to use it. Now she sits in front of the computer whenever she needs ingredients to cook and she even started clothing shopping recently. If she didn’t know how to use the computer, she would have fallen behind and would never experience the convenience of using it.

In brief, I strongly believe that computer has a positive influence on people’s lives for the reasons mentioned above. All in all, the importance of the computer cannot be overstated in the pursuit of convenience in life.

2 Likes

There is no doubt that computers play an important role in people’s daily lives in many places. Some say that computers are opening a new era and a new world, others disagree. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose one, I would say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Here are some reasons why.

First, they are mostly used by students and workers. Computers have many functions that can be used. If these functions are used well, it is likely that they will improve work performance. For example, my brother used to go to the library to do his assignments. He would look for relevant books and read through them to find the right information and data. This took him a lot of time, so he often handed in his assignments late. However, this gradually changed after he started using the computer and the internet. He was able to surf the internet and find great resources and conveniently put them together in a couple of hours. In addition, he could use Zoom for group work with his team members without having to meet them in person. He realised how wonderful it was to use the computer. He said he didn’t want to live without it.

Secondly, some people say that computers make people’s lives more complex and stressful. When you have things you’ve never had or experienced, it’s natural to feel that way. For example, I advised my mother to use the computer for grocery shopping. She refused at first, but I gradually taught her how to use it. Now she sits in front of the computer when she needs ingredients for cooking, and recently she has even started shopping for clothes. If she didn’t know how to use the computer, she would have fallen behind and never experienced the comforts of computer use.

In short, I strongly believe that computers have a positive impact on people’s lives for the reasons mentioned above. All in all, the importance of the computer in the pursuit of convenience in life cannot be overstated.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your precious time!

1 Like