Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes ( for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children) . To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Hi, it’s me again. This time I write about a new task 2 topic. Can you please give some comment on the essay below and a band ( if possible ) ? I would love to receive your feedback.

It is argued that high school students are obliged to engage themselves in voluntary activities during their school years. This essay totally agrees with that suggestion on grounds of the benefits it can bring about. The essay will first discuss how community spirit as well as soft skills are enhanced through these charitable practices before coming to a reasoned conclusion.
One of the volunteering’s merits is its humanity. Teenagers working in non-profit organizations tend to be more responsible as well as respectful towards other people in their society. According to a recent study conducted by the University of London, almost 62% of adolescents partaking charitable works handle their future jobs with greater sense of responsibility than those do not. This therefore emphasizes the importance of incorporating these extracurricular activities into schooling.
Voluntary works can help students develop the so-called “social skills” which are essential to any professional. These charitable activities provides students with the opportunities to interact and communicate with others, thereby cultivating their soft skills and also, makes them stand out from other candidates in any job interviews. For example, between two applicants having the same grades, the employer would recruit the on possessing voluntary experience as it proves that he or she can get on well with other staff and this leads to higher productivity.
The above essay has shed light on the two reasons why it is necessary to make unpaid community service obligatory in school curricula. By now, it is crystal clear that high school students should take part in non-profit works for the well-being of the society because of their advantages.

2 Likes

According to a recent study conducted by the University of London, almost 62% of adolescents partaking in charitable works handle their future jobs with a greater sense of responsibility than those who do not.

1 Like