Some people believe that the best use of the parents' time is to have fun playing games

Spending time with parents is an indispensable need among children all over the world. Especially in modern societies, some parents are busier than before. Likewise, children miss them more in contrast to before. As for the question on the subject, there is a controversy between those who are in favor of having fun playing games or sports to use that time and those who want to do schoolwork. Both sides have their own reasons to support their views. As for me, I believe that using that time for doing things together that are related to schoolwork is much more beneficial than just having fun. I hold this opinion for two reasons, which I will explain in more detail in the following essay.
The first reason to consider is that parents can use this time efficiently to assess their children’s schoolwork. Thus, children can use their parents’ assistance to improve their grades. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. During elementary school, my parents were so busy to help me with my lessons. Although I tried hard in my lessons, always failed the test. Therefore, I decided to ask my father to help me with the final test. He spent his free time assisting in my lessons. If I had not had his guidance, I would have never succeeded. As a result, parents can be incredibly useful in their free time for their children’s homework.
The other, equally significant reason worth mentioning is that using parents’ free time for children’s schoolwork would be beneficial for their future. Many children want to study which has great job prospects. In contrast, having fun playing games brings them nothing more than wasting time. There is a proverb saying in Persian: “Time is gold”. This means that we must make the best use of our time and not waste it on useless activities. So parents can use their free time to make their children’s future by teaching them how to invest in worthwhile goals.
To sum up, by taking into account all of the above-mentioned reasons and examples, I firmly approve of spending time doing things together that are related to schoolwork is more reasonable for children not only to raise their grades but also to use their time appropriately.

1 Like

Spending time with parents is an indispensable need for children all over the world. Especially in modern societies, some parents are much busier than they used to be. Children also miss them more, unlike in the past. As for the issue on this topic, there is a controversy between those who are in favor of spending time playing games or sports and those who want to do schoolwork. Both sides have their own reasons for holding their views. I am of the opinion that it is much more useful to use this time for joint activities related to school than just having fun. I hold this opinion for two reasons, which I will explain in more detail in the following essay.
The first reason is that parents can use this time efficiently to assess their children’s schoolwork. In this way, children can use their parents’ help to improve their grades. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. During my elementary school years, my parents were so busy that they had to help me in class. Although I tried hard in class, I always failed the exams. So I decided to ask my father to help me with the final exams. He spent his free time helping me in class. Without his guidance, I would never have made it. Consequently, parents can be incredibly useful in their free time for their children’s homework.
Another, equally important reason is that it is beneficial for the children’s future if parents use their free time for their children’s school work. Many children want to go to college, which means they have good job prospects. Amusing themselves with games, on the other hand, does nothing but waste their time. There is a Persian proverb: “Time is gold”. It means that we should make the best use of our time and not waste it on useless activities. So, parents can use their free time to shape their children’s future by teaching them how to invest in worthwhile goals.
To sum up, taking into account all the above reasons and examples, I believe that it is more meaningful for children to spend time on common activities related to school, not only to improve their grades, but also to use their time wisely.

1 Like