Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each year.

[size=150][color=brown]Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each year. Others believe that students should have several short vacations throughout the year. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.[/size]

Some students prefer one long vacation, while others prefer several short vacations. In my view, one long vacation is better. In this case students have a chance to have a good recess and to travel more. Furthermore, students enable to work during the one long vacation as well.

First of all, long vacation is desirable duration to have a long-term recess for concentration. After the stress of study session every student wants to forget everything about lessons and enjoy life. So, by having long vacation we can be away from the stress, teachers’ pressure on us and so forth. When summer comes, I begin to rejoice because in that period, I am not answerable for any classes and examinations which always keep me under pressure.

Another advantage of long vacation is that it gives students a chance to be able to travel and stay in foreign countries for a long period of time. If I go to abroad, I want to see more places, cultures, people or nations and even historical monuments, museums and so forth. To realize these aims I need long vacation rather than short ones. Last year we went to Turkey in summer and spent more or less 2 months there. I went to Istanbul, Ankara, and even 5 more cities of Turkey. It was an incredible vacation for me because I could go where I wanted and did not worry about the time. That’s why I am not sure that being worry about the time or thinking that classes will begin and I must be back soon would give any advantages to me. When we have limited or short vacation we can not realize our dreams even in journeys.

Finally, long vacation is appropriate time to get a job opportunity. As a matter of fact, we are not able to work during the study session, because we are responsible for our classes and most companies do not accept us as a part-time worker. In our country full time jobs are more available than part-time jobs. So, students who need money and want to collect money can work during the long vacation.

Therefore, through aforementioned consequences, I can say that long vacations are more suitable for me. I can relax more, can expand my outlook by traveling more and can work when I do not travel.

Plzzz Kitos check my essay and give me point out of 5 or 15 :slight_smile: What are my shortages plz tell me. In fact i appreciate your help and pray for you.You really help us so much. thanks in advance.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor in the College of Fine Arts

Some students prefer one long vacation, while others prefer several short vacations.
In my OPINION, one long vacation WOULD BE PREFERABLE BECAUSE IT WOULD ENABLE THEM to have a good recess and to travel more. Furthermore, students WOULD BE able to work during the long vacation IF THEY NEEDED TO EARN MORE MONEY.

After the stress of A LONG TERM OF CONTINUAL studyING every student wants to forget everything about lessons and enjoy THEIR life, so, by having A long vacation we can be FREE FROM from the stress OF THE teachers’ pressure on us and so forth.
When summer comes, I begin to rejoice, because in that period I am not answerable for any classes and examinations which always keepS me under pressure.

Another advantage of HAVING A long vacation is that it gives students a chance to be able to travel and TO stay in foreign countries for a longER period of time. If I go abroad, I want to see more places, cultures, people or nations and even historical monuments, museums and so forth.
To realize these aims I REQUIRE A long vacation rather than A short one.

Last year we went to Turkey in THE Summer and spent ABOUT TWO months there.
I VISITED Istanbul, Ankara, and FIVE OTHER cities.
It was an incredible EXPERIENCE for me because I could go whereVER I wanted and I did not HAVE TO worry about the time.
When we TAKE ONLY A limited or short vacation we DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME TO realize our dreams.

Finally, WHEN TAKING A long vacation IT is AN IDEAL time to SEEK A GOOD JOB.
As a matter of fact, we are not able to work during OUR study sessionS, because we are responsible for ATTENDING our classes and most companies WILL not accept us as part-time workerS.
In our country full-time jobs are more PLENTIFUL than part-time jobs, therefore students who need money and want to EARN money can work during theIR long vacation.

PERSONALLY, I WOULD say that long vacations are more suitable for me BECAUSE THEY ALLOW ME TO relax more AND I can expand my outlook by traveling more, ALSO I AM ABLE TO work when I do not travel.

Good morning Kleopatra. This was a good essay, and like all essays it gave you the freedom to express your imagination to its fullest. You did well, but I think you are capable of doing even better.
You must take the time to collect your thoughts, and to express them in a more imaginative way.

For example; “It has always been my dream to travel to Turkey and to explore the many wonders of its history and culture. Having a long vacation would enable me to realise my dream.”

Your essay was fine. I would score you 3.5 / 5.00

Kitos

hi,THANKSSS so much Kitos. but i have a question, is this phrase wrong or is not it appropriate to that situation , i mean second sentence of my essay, “in my view” ,
i just read it from toefl book and supposed it would be better to write. Plz explain what is wrong with it because i can not figure out,what is my fault :slight_smile:

I am really thankful to u, it is kind of you to help us. thankss so much.

Hi Kleopatra, it would be better if you had said,“from my point of view,”…

I think that there are preferred guidelines as to beginning sentences. I think they are spoken about on the lower threads relating to TOEFL and other tests.

Kitos.