Some criminals, who are sentenced to the death penalty

Some criminals, who are sentenced to the death penalty, are put to death by means of lethal ...... (*) accusation (*) ingestion (*) consumption (*) injection

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/18813,some-criminals-who-are-sentenced-to-the-death-penalty-are-put-to-death-by-means-of-lethal-___/
2 Likes

Some criminals are put to death by lethal injection.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s right and I think it’s a barbaric act to kill a human being. Some of the habits the Americans have stem from the middle ages.

death_penalty

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you. No one has the right to take anyone’s life except the one who gave you life to began with. I do, however, believe in punishing them for their crimes. Without punishments…I just can’t fathom what life would look like.

2 Likes

Well, what’s even more important and effective than punishing people is creating conditions that allow everyone to live a peaceful and meaningful life. Punishment is something that happens after it’s already too late.

1 Like

In a sense I agree with Torsten. The death penalty is a barbaric practice. Thankfully we come a bit farther than what we used to do. For instance, we no longer have the Electric Chair. Which boils one’s blood before you die. Or even the firing squad. Which seems to be the messiest of them. Recently, as in a couple years ago if I’m not mistaken, the first inmate to ever be executed by fentanyl was done. While most of the US still has the death penalty. I believe, at some point, maybe not in our life times, the death penalty will be outlawed. However, only time will tell us. If we are alive to see it go that far.

2 Likes