Smoking should be banned in all public places.

Good afternoon. I’m a student from Moscow and I’m going to pass Toefl in June. Thanks a lot for your service, especially Kitos. You do a very helpful job! I’ve read some of essays posted here and tried to write a common one. Hope to your feedback.

Smoking should be banned in all public places. Use reasons and specific examples to support opinion.

There are several points of view on smoking in public places. Some people say that they should have rights to smoke wherever they want. However, because of some negative aspects relating to it, other people suppose that smoking should be banned in all public places. There are several reasons to support the idea of this ban.

One reason smoking should be banned is that there are many people who don’t want to inhale the dirty air. Some of them just don’t like the smell. However, there is another part, sick people. For example, the health of asthmatic people may become worse if they are living in bad air conditions. Children and old people are also those who may suffer from other people smoking at places they often visit. Their health is quite weak and the smoke of cigarettes may provide them feeling bad or even developing cancer.

Another reason the people should not smoke in public places is a huge amount of cigarettes in the floor and near trash cans. Sometimes it looks like my own city is becoming enveloped by garbage. Two years ago a beautiful park was created near my home. I saw many old people and mothers with their children walking there. However, now it is quite dirty, especially because of cigarettes and empty bottles. Recently I saw a message on a piece of paper on the bus stop, which said: “clean is no where somebody is tidying, but where nobody litters”. I completely agree with it.

In conclusion, two reasons prove that smoking should not be permitted in all public places. It is dangerous for some people and makes these areas more dirty and inconvenient for the rest. Ban of smoking could improve the health and the circumstance of people who do not want to connect their life with this harmful habit.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their dormitory during registration week

There are several points of view on smoking in public places. Some people say that they should have rights to smoke wherever they want. However, because of some negative aspects relating to it, other people /suppose/INSIST/ that smoking should be banned in all public places. There are several reasons to support the idea of this ban.

One reason smoking should be banned is that there are many people who DO NOT want to inhale the dirty air. Some of them just DO NOT like the smell. However, there is another /part/GROUP/, sick people. For example, the health of asthmatic people may become worse if they are living in bad air conditions. Children and old people are also those who may suffer from other people smoking at places they often visit. Their health is quite weak(,) and the smoke of cigarettes may provide them fEEL bad or even LEAD TO THEM developing cancer.

Another reason the people should not smoke in public places is a huge amount of cigarettes ENDS iON the floor and near trash cans. Sometimes it looks like my own city is becoming enveloped by garbage. Two years ago a beautiful park was created near my home. I saw many old people and mothers with their children walking there. However, now it is quite dirty, especially because of cigarettes and empty bottles. Recently I saw a message on a piece of paper on the bus stop, which said: “clean is no where somebody is tidying, but where nobody litters”. I completely agree with it.

In conclusion, two reasons prove that smoking should not be permitted in all public places. It is dangerous for some people(,) and makes these areas more dirty and inconvenient for the rest. A ban ON smoking could improve the health and the circumstance of people who do not want to connect their life with this harmful habit.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
That was good. WELCOME to the Forum Arseni.

KItos. 8/10

I appreciate your notes. Thanks a lot!