Small vs big universities

Please read and give me your comments, thank you very much!

Topic: Some students prefer to attend a small university. Others prefer to attend a big university. Discuss the advantages of each. Then indicate which type of university you prefer? Use specific reason and details to support your answer.

In today’s competitive world, good education is of the utmost importance. After graduating from high schools, many students choose to attend universities. Due to the quality of facilities, teachers and students, a big university is much better than a small one.
To begin with, big universities provide better facilities. There are many large libraries and laboratories in huge campuses as well as more modern equipments, which enables students to practice their lessons more properly. For example, a medical student can understand the lectures more comprehensively and perform better when offered a good lab with adequate chemic and tools.
Another important factor is the quality of teachers. To attract students, large universities spend large deal of money to recruit well-qualified teachers. As we can see, big language centers have more native speakers than small ones, which ensures better outcomes.
Last but not least, qualified students make big universities more ideal. Being surrounded by all gifted students in a comparative environment makes us strive more and more to be able to keep up with and surpass our peers. As a result, we get better and better everyday. Obviously, students in such universities as Harvard are much better and more dynamic than those in smaller universities thanks to their surroundings.
All in a word, a big university is a better choice with better facilities, teachers and students. However, bear in mind that it is the students themselves who play the decisive role in their success in future.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a bookstore sales clerk and a student

Hi, I thought your essay was very good. You have a clear structure and some relevant reasons and examples. Your grammar is quite good, with only a few minor errors. Your vocabulary is ok, but maybe a bit simple. Overall, your essay seemed a bit short, maybe some additional or more personal examples would help. I would rate this a 4 out of 5.