Shove it

Hi all
First of all let me apologise for the bad phasal verb I out on the subject.
This is an exact example from Longman Contemporary for shove. I can not understand it. Can any one tell me what this expresiion mean?

“They can take their tree cents an hour raise and shove it.”

BR,
Amir

It means that the workers don’t give a damn about the pay raise because it’s too low for them. The phrase ‘shove it’ is an abbreviated form of ‘shove it up your a** or a***’ which is considered bad language as you mentioned.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Last-minute problem[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi dear Torsten
Thank you much for your care and quick answer I have some other Q.

1- I know the usage of dear at the beggining of the letters like Dear Sir/Madam/John…but for example is it right to use dear when you used something behind dear just like here: Hi dear Torsten ?

2- This is and example of “Practical English Usage by Michael Swan” on the usage of be to :
Jeff moved of (the) campus when he decided it was cheaper to live at home.
I think we have to use ‘the’ before the campus because we are not allowed a name with out a or an or the before that but Mr.Swan didn’t use the and I’m sure he knows english better than me.

3- This is an example again from Longman Contemporary for go over. Can you tell me what does it mean?

Thanks
Amir

1. It’s better not to use ‘dear’ like that unless you know someone very well.

2. ‘off campus’ is a set phrase. So is ‘on campus’. No article is needed there.

3. Where is the example?

Thank you so much Beeesneees
2- but I wrote of campus not off campus and I couldn’t find such phrase in Longman dictionary.
3- I had gone over and over what happened in my mind.
BR,
Amir

2 - ‘of campus’ is incorrect.

3 - I had thought about it again and again.

Thanks a lot Beeesneees.