Shouldn't it be "founder" instead?

Lim Tean, Founder of political party People’s Voice, is all set to organise a rally titled Abuse of Process at Hong Lim Park on 26 January from 4.00pm to 7pm.

Announcing this news on his Facebook page, the Singaporean politician and lawyer, said that one of the speakers that will be joining the rally is Leong Sze Hian.

Shouldn’t it be “founder” instead?

Thanks.

3 Likes

I agree, there doesn’t seem to be a reason to capitalize the noun ‘founder’ here.

2 Likes

Hi. Usually I would agree to write the noun with small letter. Though I wonder whether Founder in this case couldn´t be considered a title like Elisabeth, Queen of England. I don´t think Queen Elisabeth would be amused if one would considered her a small "q"ueen Elisabeth. Maybe the writer referred to Lim Tean as respected Founder of the political Party. lol or imagine anyone would dare to write: Donald Trump, president of the USA or Mr. president. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Mr Lim Tean founded the political party about ten days ago. “Founder” was used to describe himself; the message was written by him.

2 Likes

Thank you, Kohyoongliat, for the clarification regarding the writer of the sentence. I just wonder why he wrote about himself in 3rd person singular then.

1 Like

Thanks, miot.

I think he wanted to emphasise that his party was founded only a few days ago.

2 Likes