Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation

As the growth of population, there are many problems in the urban areas. As we can see, the more people, the more cars. There are increasing bad effects of heavy traffic congestion and threatening air pollution, which cause the threat to the people and the wildlife. In my opinion, government should spend more money on improving public transportation and increase the welfare of life.

First of all, the use of the public transportation can reduce the congestion in the city. The train and subways can alleviate the crowd who rush to works or schools. Therefore, people may not worry about stuck in the traffic jam and be late for work. In addition, when the use of car reduces, the parking lots relatively increase, which makes people easy to find the parking lots near their companies. They will not randomly stop in front of other people’s front door and occupy the wanes for the pedestrians.

In addition, the use of public transportation can slow down the environmental issues. The emit from the cars and motorcycles is one of factors that brutally enhance the effect of greening house, which makes the extremely sweltering weather and the melting of icebergs. The occurrence of acid rain will decline as well. On the contrary, most of public transportation are eco-friendly and generate by electricity, which cause less harm to the environments. Therefore, the environment can take a breath and rest for recovery.

Last but not least, the use of public transportation can recover the health. People in the megacities are suffering from the air pollution and the noise, which resulted from the cars and motorcycles. They both have bad effects on human’s physical fitness and the sleeping quality. For me, the sleeping quality significantly influence the morning performance at work. A slight and subtle sounds and vibration can wake me up. Thus, having a good night can refill my battery and get prepared for tomorrow’s workloads. In the long run, people can get wholesome and sturdy.

In summary, governments should spend more financial budgets on the public transportation rather than the roads or highways. It can reduce the traffic congestion in the city. It not only can slow down the environment problems, but also makes people mentally and physically healthy.

1 Like

As the population grows, there are many problems in urban areas. As we can see, the more people, the more cars. There are increasing bad effects of heavy traffic congestion and threatening air pollution, which cause the threat to people and wildlife. In my opinion, the government should spend more money to improve public transportation and increase the welfare of life.

First of all, the use of public transportation can reduce traffic congestion in the city. The train and subway can relieve the crowd of people rushing to work or school. Therefore, people do not have to worry about getting stuck in traffic and being late for work. In addition, when the use of car is reduced, the parking lots relatively increase, which makes people easily find the parking lots near their companies. They will not randomly stop in front of other people’s front door and occupy the wanes for the pedestrians.

In addition, the use of public transportation can slow down the environmental problems. The emission from the cars and motorcycles is one of the factors that brutally increase the effect of greening house, which makes the extremely sweltering weather and the melting of icebergs. The occurrence of acid rain will also decrease. On the contrary, most of the public transportation are environmentally friendly and generated by electricity, which cause less harm to the environment. Therefore, the environment can take a breath and rest for recovery.

Last but not least, the use of public transportation can recover the health. People in megacities suffer from air pollution and noise caused by cars and motorcycles. Both have bad effects on people’s physical fitness and sleep quality. For me, the quality of sleep has a significant impact on my performance at work in the morning. A slight and subtle sound and vibration can wake me up. So a good night’s sleep can recharge my battery and prepare me for tomorrow’s workload. In the long run, people can become healthy and robust.

In conclusion, governments should spend more financial budget on public transportation rather than roads or highways. It can reduce the traffic congestion in the city. It can not only slow down the environmental problems, but also makes people mentally and physically healthy.

1 Like