Semantics: What are the types of meaning and what are the figures of speech?

hello everyone, im new here and i want to ask about semantics? i need to know what are the types of meaning and what are the figures of speech?

Hi,

This is a huge question which would require a book to answer. I think, in order to help you, I would need you to mention particular words or figures of speech.

Alan

i want to know the difference between the figures of speech and the types of meaning briefly, and i need the definition of Denotative or conceptual meaning, Affective meaning, Collocative meaning, Connotative meaning , Reflected meaning, Sentence meaning (word meaning), Speaker meaning, and Stylistic meaning? provided with examples please.
are these: Hyperbole, Irony, Metaphor, Metonymy, Paradox, Simile, and Synecdoche, figues of speech?

Hi Ta.qUe.Ri.a,

Your question is too wide a subject. I’m sure that wikepedia will help you to get started. Just follow the links!

For further studies I’d recommend Fromkin&Rodman’s "Introduction to Language’', but that’s rather pricey. Or try this one for a low-budget adventure.