See or look

Hello dear Alan!

I liked the essay very much!

I want to thank you for your endeavour every time when you write the essays.

Best regards

1 Like

Very helpful essay in making distinction between ‘see’ and ‘look’.
Aneeqa

1 Like

Dear Alan,
Please explain the difference between realize and recognize.
Thanks.
Phuong

1 Like

Hi Phuong,

‘Realise’ gives the idea of understand having thought about something and ‘recognise’ suggests know something/someone by sight or understanding.

Examples:

I realise now what you meant when you explained the meaning but at first I didn’t understand.

I recognised Charlie as my old school friend as soon as I saw that photo taken thirty years ago of our class.

Alan

1 Like

Listen and ear in a really perfect English 100%… Thanks for this lesson … Tim

Hi everyone! I am really impressed with how good thing this forum is. We can learn English much quicker this way and what makes it just more interessting is that it is not a dummy mashine on the other side of vire, there are reall people with the same passion in learning English as I have. Thank you every one very much for makeing this forum rolling on. Regards Mantas

nice short essay.
thanks.

Dear Alan…
I really understood all the contest about the speech that you give us in that one… I am in Costa Rica and the really problem that I need to correct in my English is the accent and the Grammatical side… I practicing all the Vocabulary and the listening part to improve …Thanks.

hello Alan
Thank for a really good story.

Hi,

It is a very interesting topic especially the difference between " to see a painting" and " to look at a painting" . I remember, when I first study English, how I struggled to get it. It quite funny that when you learn a foreign language, you feel that almost every word has multiple meanings or senses depending on the context. Of course,the truth is that even in your mother tounge most of the words do not have only one sense but you are familiar with all of them that you use them without difficulty.

Asmahaan

What is the difference between LOOK and SEE?

Hi Sophorn,
Have you read from the beginning of this thread?
Look back to page 1:
english-test.net/forum/ftopic50000.html

Dear Alan,

Thanks for the interesting topic, it was very useful for me. I got clear understanding about SEE and LOOK, but how about WATCH?
What the difference between See, Look and Watch?

Thanks,
Sasha

Thank you very much Alan. I always profit greatly of your enlightening messages. Best wishes my friend.

Solomon

Dear Alan

Thanks for interesting topic and it is usefull

Aticha

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hello everybody, I think that Sasha has asked an interesting question because I also have the same doubt. So, could someone explain to us the difference among the verbs See, Look and Watch?
Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for your efforts, reading stories it’s favorite to me.

shosho

Your way of teaching is excellent!

Hi Alan.

Thank you for your explanation, it is really helpful to me.