Search engine needs updating:

Hello, Slava?

Long time no see! :frowning:

I am going to insist that we must update our search engine quickly. Every day we get buried deeper under such an avalanche of posts. And when I try to find some spicific post from the past, I am hardly successful. If I remember the moderator of that post and a few key words, I think, I should be able to find what I want. But, in most cases it does not happen so.

Search engine could consist of two bars like this:

1- Name of the moderator: ------------------(Amy)
2- Key words:--------------------(Calamity Jane)

…and by putting these two options I reach the post in which Amy mentioned her cat, Jane.

Just some incoherent thoughts.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Hello again. You are right, we have to upgrade and improve the search feature on the forum. It’s just that we have been working on our PDF package project which is very important to the site’s overall success too.
So, it still will take a while until we get around to overhauling the forum search.

Best regards,
Slava

Hi Tom,

Just a quick note to let you Slava has added a new feature to our forum: As of today you can use the “Quick Reply” window. You will find it below every new post. This means, you don’t have to click on the “postreply” button to create your message. Instead, you can simply write your text below to the original post and then hit “Submit”. Try it out and let us know what you think.

Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: An exotic performer[YSaerTTEW443543]

Testing, testing, one, two, three… :smiley:

The “Quick Reply” function works. Nice work, Slava. :smiley:

Thank you, Slava, for the Quick Reply.
Thank you, Torsten for the announcement.

:slight_smile:
Tamara

P.S.
A bit scaring for me was that when I made Preview of my post to admire it :slight_smile: and than pressed Back (through habit :)) - I saw just an empty window, instead of my laboured sentences :slight_smile:

But that’s OK, no problem. Forward button works well :slight_smile:

The “Quick reply” works perfectly! Sometimes you needn’t waste your time while pressing on “Post reply” and wait. Thanks! That is an excellent innovation! :wink: