School student exchange programs?

Hi, does anyone of you have any experience with student exchange programs? As far as I can see EF Education First seems to be the largest provider in this field and from what I have read on their website they are offering a full service package at very reasonable prices.

Do you happen to know anybody who has used EF or any other student exchange organization? Or maybe you have taken part in a student exchange program yourself?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Why has the student been taking statistics?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Do you have the website,
Thanks,
Bo

Just google “EF”. That’s the beauty of Google, if you user their free toolbar, you simply type the keyword “EF” and hit search. Or point your browser to ef.com[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Why must the young woman leave?[YSaerTTEW443543]

I found it, but I can’t find a school at Atlanta, thanks
Bo

It seems EF is the market leader in offering High School exchange programs to students who come to the US from overseas. If you are already in Atlanta and want to improve your English there you might want to look for other options. Have your tried the Atlanta Unversity yet? I’m sure that you will be able to find a student or a free lance trainer who can offer you a good program.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Two seminar classmates discussing their classwork[YSaerTTEW443543]

I went to website and typed “ATlanta University” then I found Clark Atlanta University, is that one, But I didn’t find program you said, if you have time, could you please let me know more detail, thanks, Bo

Hi Bo,

If you live in Atlanta and have some time, you could simply go to the University and speak to somebody in the language department. This is the best way to practice your English and communicate with people. Or you can take the Yelllow Pages and look for “Language Schools” or “Language Instruction”. There are quite a number of things you can do in Atlanta to improve your English and get to know the local folks.

What do you do? Are you a student? When did you move to Atlanta?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Two roommates talking about fraternities[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you for you information, but I don’t know it works or not dirtectly to go to some university to find someone there,
I have gone to some ESL classes before, but I found the class were not good for me, it is hard to find a god one if I don’t want to pay too much,
I have stayed at Atlanta for 6 yesars and working at CDC at Influenza virus fields,
thanks, Bo

Hi Bo,

What do you think is a good ESL course? Also, what about your coworkers, do you socialize with them? And how often do you watch American TV? Maybe you have a hobby you enjoy doing in your free time? If so you could find native speakers who share the same interests like you. That way you might be able to improve your English faster than by attending English classes where most of the participants struggle to build correct sentences.
What do you think?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: What started this conversation?[YSaerTTEW443543]

yes, I agree with you, you know when we talk with someone, they are very friendly and never point out our fault, if we get someone to talk and point out the fault, it will speed up , anyway it will take time, no shortcut at all,
Thanks,
Bo

Hi Bo

What about at the CDC? Don’t they have any organized programs for foreign employees (and their family members)? Or people in the human resources department who can help out?

What language(s) do you use at work? I noticed that the CDC’s Avian Flu website is also available in Chinese and Vietnamese…

What about participating in the 30/30 Challenge here on the forum?

Amy

yes, it is good idea, i will participate in the 30/30 challenge, Thanks,
Bo