Scheduled for or between

Is “scheduled between 9.30pm and 11.59pm” correct?

Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s not quite clear what you want to say. Do you mean that the meeting or event is scheduled for 9:30pm and that it will last until 11:59pm?

1 Like

Thanks, Torsten.

Reproduced below is the text:

As fleeting as a rainbow itself, the multicoloured piece of performance art by Very Small Exibition (a one-man show by 43-year-old freelance designer and adjunct polytechnic lecturer Lee Wei Lieh) was aptly titled “Very Momentary Exhibition”, and was scheduled between 9.30pm and 11.59pm.

Is “scheduled between 9.30pm and 11.59pm” correct?

2 Likes

I guess you need to substitute ‘was scheduled’ with ‘ran’ or ‘took place’ for the sentence to make sense:

As fleeting as a rainbow itself was the colorful piece of performance art by Very Small Exibition (a one-man show by 43-year-old freelance designer and UAS adjunct professor Lee Wei Lieh), aptly titled “Very Momentary Exhibition,” which ran from 9:30 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.

2 Likes

i agree with your suggestion, Torstan

1 Like

As fleeting as a rainbow itself was the colorful piece of performance art by Very Small Exibition (a one-man show by 43-year-old freelance designer and UAS adjunct professor Lee Wei Lieh), aptly titled “Very Momentary Exhibition,” which ran from 9:30 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.*

Sometimes I see a comma after “titled” in such constructions; at other times there isn’t.

What is the reason for this?

2 Likes

There are no hard rules for this, so it’s a question of choice and style.

2 Likes

In my view, scheduled to take place between 9.30pm and 11.59pm or scheduled to be staged between 9.30pm and 11.59pm would also be better.

3 Likes

Totally agree with Torsten in this aspect

1 Like

Many of my students mispronounce the word ‘schedule’. If you need help with this word, be sure to watch my video that teaches you the correct pronunciation of this commonly mispronounced word. How to Pronounce Schedule | British Pronunciation

1 Like