sample essay

1. Many people have a close relationship with their pets. These people treat their birds, cats, or other animals as members of their family. In your opinion, are such relationships good? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Recently more and more people think that their pet is their family, and people treat their pet like a human being. I agree with this, and I think every one should have a close relationship with not only their pet but also tremendous animals.

First of all, millions of years ago, we also were one of the animal of exsisting on the earth. In spite of it, human being separated from the other animals, and became independent. Human socety has been rejecting any animals, insects and even plants. Today we try planting among big cities and industrial town, this movement is also similar to treating a pet like a human. In fact, people want to become closely to animals unconsciously.

In addition, today we are getting to be surrounded by non creatures, many machines, and we usually don’t feel human character. Our lives are getting a industlization, for instance, a unmanned・train, a computer, a telephone, and so on. Chances that we touch with lives is redusing because of it, so we are seeking a warm feeling of lives. However, even if a man who has a pet are tired of breeding it, he must not refuse breeding it absolutely. I think a negrect man should not have his pet because we don’t have a right which we kill it .

In conclusion, modern people have and keep a good relationship with their pets.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which aspect of bee behavior does the professor mainly discuss?

Hi, I am afraid your essay had quite a few problems. I don’t think you really addressed the topic very directly or correctly. The question is not whether people should have pets, it is whether these pets should be treated like members of the family. Maybe the problem is I really did not understand certain parts of your essay. Your grammar was actually pretty good, but your ideas were very confusing to me. What do you mean by people rejecting animals and plants? What is this about breeding animals? Most of your sentences had something odd or awkward about them - I tried to make as many corrections as I could. Overall, I would rate this a 2 out of 5.

Thank you very much. I afraid that I post my essay to this site, because I’m too poor at English.

No, please continue posting. I don’t mean to discourage you, there is no way to improve except through practice. Maybe you could tell me what you were trying to say in your sentences that I found confusing. Then I could give you some better alternatives.

I appliciate your kind comments. Of course, I’ll continue posting my essay.