Rewrite sentence: which one is the best option

Although media has ignored them, the new rock band has loyal ‘if limited’ audience.

The media has ignored them…

1. therefore
  2. but
    3.and

Why don’t you have a try first, Tweety?

My answer is “but”

Right you are!

:slight_smile:

Hi
I have few more questions like this.
1.Displaying their sense of responsibility and hard work, union team won the legal recognition in Great Britain in 1951.
Rewrite sentence is:
Because of their sense of responsibility and hardwork,
A. they won
B. ,and they won
C. which won them.

My answer is " A"

1. Hunches, coming into two kinds, the good and the bad.

A. First option is same.
B. Hunches, come into two kinds: the good and the bad.
C. Hunches, the good and the bad, come into two kinds.
My answer is “B”.

1. With the increase in food prices, and the people with fixed income are in difficult situation.
    A. With the increase in food prices, and the people with fixed income are in difficult situation.
    B. With the increase in food prices, people with fixed income are in difficult situation.
    C. Food prices being what they are, people with fixed income are being in difficult situation.

Hi Conchita (Bags of thanks for your support :smiley: )

I was just wondering if ‘Although’ and ‘But’ could be used together! Do you think that the given sentence without ‘But’ is incorrect?

1-Although media has ignored them, the new rock band has loyal ‘if limited’ audience.

Tom

PS: Media have(I think only)

1 - Your answer is correct, but the full sentence should read: Because of their sense of responsibility and hardwork, union team won the legal recognition in Great Britain in 1951.

2 - The given sentence is incomplete. Option B is correct without a comma after the subject: Hunches come in two kinds: the good and the bad.

3 - The given sentence is incorrect. Answer B makes sense, but needs an indefinite article: With the increase in food prices, people with fixed income are in a difficult situation.

The given sentence is correct. You can use either although (a) or but (b):

a) Although media has ignored them, the new rock band has loyal, if limited, audience.

b) The media has ignored them, but the new rock band has loyal, if limited, audience.

Media can be used with a singular or plural verb.