reading tests please help me

Interested in neither money , fame, nor power , Socrats wandered through the streets of Athens in the 5the century BC. He wore a single rough woollen garment in all seasons and went barefoot. Talking to whoever would listen, he asked questions, criticized answers, and poked holes in faulty arguments. His style of conservation has been given the name Socratic dialogue . He was the first of the three great teachers of ancient Greece -the two being Plato and Aristotle. Today, he is ranked as one of the world’s greatest moral teachers. His self-control and powers of efurance were unmatched. In appearence , the greeks of his day enjoyed being with him and talking with him and were fascinated by what he had to say. Socrats didn’t write any books or papers. The details of his life and doctrine are preserved in the Memorabilia of the historian Xenophon and in the dialogues of the philosopher Plato . It was chiefly through Plato and Plato’s brilliant disciple Aristotle that the influence of Socrats was passed on to succeeding generations of philosophers.

1. Socrats . . .
    A. Was not at all interested in material things
    B. Called his conversations Socratic dialogues Socratic diogues
    C. Wore unattractive clothes and heavy sadals
    D. Didn’t point out others’ mistakes plainly, but implicitly
  2. After Socrates’ death . . .
    A. His doctrine was forgotten untill Plato revived it
    B. Xenophon preserved his autobiography
    C. Other phosphers ensured his continuing influence
    I am having problems with these tests
    Please help me !
    My answers are D and B if there is any mistake please correct it and certainly with explanations
  1. A. Socrates was not at all interested in material things, as indicated by the very first sentence.
    D is not correct. He ‘criticised answers and poked holes in arguments’ - both actions of someone clearly pointing out the mistakes of others.

2. B. You are correct.

thank you very much Bev !
as you see my reading skills isn’t good
what should I do to develop my skills?
could you give me some good advice please?

Read more, start with slightly easier texts and develop a good understanding of them.