Reading Practices-small stories

Industrial espionage /ɪnˈDʌstrɪəlˈespɪənɑːʒ]/

ENTREPRENEUR:I’ve always wanted to do that!t! Spying: one of the most glamorous ˈɡlæmərəs] and dangerous ˈdeɪndʒərəs] jobs in the world.But not all spies work for their national governments.Some of them are out there trying to improve their companies’’ chances in the business world.Industrial Espionage is the term used to describe the activities some companies use to get ahead in business.

Of course, it can be illegal but ‘All’s fair in love and business’, right? Industrial spies sometimes use the simplest methods to get information about their rivals’’ products: they simply buy one of the products and take it apart in order to see how it works. This process is known as ‘reverse engineering’. Once they’ve done that they can try to make a similar product that they hope will be able to make them some money.This is fine if you’re not worried about trying to be the first company to release a product.

But some companies have pushed the limits of industrial espionage by using methods similar to their counterparts /kaʊntəpɑːts] in national espionage organizations in order to get their products to the marketplace before the competitors.kəmˈPetɪtəz] Sometimes companies steal the plans for new products and reverse engineer the plans so that they can release their products first. Can these methods ever be used ethically? ˈeθɪkəli] ‘Value engineering’’ is used by companies who want to cut costs and improve their products. A company’s existing product /ˈprɒdʌkt/ is reverse engineered and examined by company employees.

They try to find parts of the product that can be modified in order to reduce costs or improve performance. The basic function of the product should be retained but extra parts of the design that don’t add to its functionalityˌfʌŋkʃəˈNæləti] or which cost too much are analyzed and, if necessary, are removed. As they say, ‘Knowledge is everything’’ and this maxim applies to business as much as any other part of life.

New expression:
Reverse engineering is the process of discovering the technological principles of a device, object, or system through analysis of its structure, function, and operation.It often involves taking something (a mechanical device, electronic component, computer program, or biological, chemical, or organic matter) apart and analyzing its workings in detail to be used in maintenance, or to try to make a new device or program that does the same thing without using or simply duplicating (without understanding) the original.

Value engineering (VE) is a systematic method to improve the “value” of goods or products and services by using an examination of function./ˈfʌŋkʃən]/ Value, as defined, is the ratio of function to cost. Value can therefore be increased by either improving the function or reducing the cost. It is a primary tenet/ˈˈtenɪt]/=ˈprinciple [UK: ˈprɪnsəpəl] of value engineering that basic functions be preserved and not be reduced as a consequence (kɒnsɪkwəns] of pursuing(pə’Sjuɪŋ] value improvements.

There’s a rumor that the Chinese have bought up every single edition of the Soviet teenage journal ‘Young Technician’ and draw their ideas from them :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=WCIkw5xtItM

(Practice of listening)

The Ballad of East and West

Rudyard Kipling (1865–1936)

OH, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God’s great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, tho’ they come from the ends of the earth!
Kamal is out with twenty men to raise the Border side, 5
And he has lifted the Colonel’s mare that is the Colonel’s pride:
He has lifted her out of the stable-door between the dawn and the day,
And turned the calkins upon her feet, and ridden her far away.
Then up and spoke the Colonel’s son that led a troop of the Guides:
“Is there never a man of all my men can say where Kamal hides?” 10
Then up and spoke Mahommed Khan, the son of the Ressaldar,
“If ye know the track of the morning-mist, ye know where his pickets are.
At dusk he harries the Abazai—at dawn he is into Bonair,
But he must go by Fort Bukloh to his own place to fare,
So if ye gallop to Fort Bukloh as fast as a bird can fly, 15
By the favor of God ye may cut him off ere he win to the Tongue of Jagai,
But if he be passed the Tongue of Jagai, right swiftly turn ye then,
For the length and the breadth of that grisly plain is sown with Kamal’s men.
There is rock to the left, and rock to the right, and low lean thorn between,
And ye may hear a breech-bolt snick where never a man is seen.” 20
The Colonel’s son has taken a horse, and a raw rough dun was he,
With the mouth of a bell and the heart of Hell, and the head of the gallows-tree.
The Colonel’s son to the Fort has won, they bid him stay to eat—
Who rides at the tail of a Border thief, he sits not long at his meat.
He ’s up and away from Fort Bukloh as fast as he can fly, 25
Till he was aware of his father’s mare in the gut of the Tongue of Jagai,
Till he was aware of his father’s mare with Kamal upon her back,
And when he could spy the white of her eye, he made the pistol crack.
He has fired once, he has fired twice, but the whistling ball went wide.
“Ye shoot like a soldier,” Kamal said. “Show now if ye can ride.” 30
It ’s up and over the Tongue of Jagai, as blown dust-devils go,
The dun he fled like a stag of ten, but the mare like a barren doe.
The dun he leaned against the bit and slugged his head above,
But the red mare played with the snaffle-bars, as a maiden plays with a glove.
There was rock to the left and rock to the right, and low lean thorn between, 35
And thrice he heard a breech-bolt snick tho’ never a man was seen.
They have ridden the low moon out of the sky, their hoofs drum up the dawn,
The dun he went like a wounded bull, but the mare like a new-roused fawn.
The dun he fell at a water-course—in a woful heap fell he,
And Kamal has turned the red mare back, and pulled the rider free. 40
He has knocked the pistol out of his hand—small room was there to strive,
“’T was only by favor of mine,” quoth he, “ye rode so long alive:
There was not a rock for twenty mile, there was not a clump of tree,
But covered a man of my own men with his rifle cocked on his knee.
If I had raised my bridle-hand, as I have held it low, 45
The little jackals that flee so fast, were feasting all in a row:
If I had bowed my head on my breast, as I have held it high,
The kite that whistles above us now were gorged till she could not fly.”
Lightly answered the Colonel’s son:—“Do good to bird and beast,
But count who come for the broken meats before thou makest a feast. 50
If there should follow a thousand swords to carry my bones away,
Belike the price of a jackal’s meal were more than a thief could pay.
They will feed their horse on the standing crop, their men on the garnered grain,
The thatch of the byres will serve their fires when all the cattle are slain.
But if thou thinkest the price be fair,—thy brethren wait to sup, 55
The hound is kin to the jackal-spawn,—howl, dog, and call them up!
And if thou thinkest the price be high, in steer and gear and stack,
Give me my father’s mare again, and I ’ll fight my own way back!”
Kamal has gripped him by the hand and set him upon his feet.
“No talk shall be of dogs,” said he, “when wolf and gray wolf meet. 60
May I eat dirt if thou hast hurt of me in deed or breath;
What dam of lances brought thee forth to jest at the dawn with Death?”
Lightly answered the Colonel’s son: “I hold by the blood of my clan:
Take up the mare for my father’s gift—by God, she has carried a man!”
The red mare ran to the Colonel’s son, and nuzzled against his breast, 65
“We be two strong men,” said Kamal then, “but she loveth the younger best.
So she shall go with a lifter’s dower, my turquoise-studded rein,
My broidered saddle and saddle-cloth, and silver stirrups twain.”
The Colonel’s son a pistol drew and held it muzzle-end,
“Ye have taken the one from a foe,” said he; “will ye take the mate from a friend?” 70
“A gift for a gift,” said Kamal straight; “a limb for the risk of a limb.
Thy father has sent his son to me, I ’ll send my son to him!”
With that he whistled his only son, that dropped from a mountain-crest—
He trod the ling like a buck in spring, and he looked like a lance in rest.
“Now here is thy master,” Kamal said, “who leads a troop of the Guides, 75
And thou must ride at his left side as shield on shoulder rides.
Till Death or I cut loose the tie, at camp and board and bed,
Thy life is his—thy fate it is to guard him with thy head.
So thou must eat the White Queen’s meat, and all her foes are thine,
And thou must harry thy father’s hold for the peace of the border-line. 80
And thou must make a trooper tough and hack thy way to power—
Belike they will raise thee to Ressaldar when I am hanged in Peshawur.”

They have looked each other between the eyes, and there they found no fault,
They have taken the Oath of the Brother-in-Blood on leavened bread and salt:
They have taken the Oath of the Brother-in-Blood on fire and fresh-cut sod, 85
On the hilt and the haft of the Khyber knife, and the Wondrous Names of God.
The Colonel’s son he rides the mare and Kamal’s boy the dun,
And two have come back to Fort Bukloh where there went forth but one.
And when they drew to the Quarter-Guard, full twenty swords flew clear—
There was not a man but carried his feud with the blood of the mountaineer. 90
“Ha’ done! ha’ done!” said the Colonel’s son. “Put up the steel at your sides!
Last night ye had struck at a Border thief—to-night ’t is a man of the Guides!”

Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the two shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God’s great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth, 95
When two strong men stand face to face, tho’ they come from the ends of the earth.

Ah! Speaking of poetry. I’ve also made some contribution to it :slight_smile: On the English course I attended one of the hometasks was to make up kind of nursery rhymes out of words given: home, comb, Rome, waiter, later, alligator, cat, hat, rat, car, far and some others. This is what came out:

1. (cast by a tongue twister)
    Peter Piper lay at home
    Picking at his teeth with comb.
    Pickled peppers picked in Rome
    Gave him toxic shock syndrome.

2. Once a drunken alligator
    Quarrelled with a Russian waiter.
    Less than fifteen minutes later
    He was cooked with fried potato.

3. If your little pussycat
    Has become obscenely fat,
    Made a toilet from your hat
    And refused to catch a rat,
    You should put it your car,
    Drive it very, very far,
    Dip it into boiling tar
    And smash it flat with a guitar.

How does that grab you?
Do I have a chance to become a classic of English literature?
:slight_smile:

Hello Kenol,

I’ve just woken up and for the first reading I enjoyed your nursery rhymes or tongue twisters I like your groups of words:

home=[UK: həʊm][US: hoʊm]
comb==[UK: kəʊm][US: ˈkoʊm]
Rome= [UK: rəʊm][US: roʊm]
syndrome =UK: ˈsɪndrəʊm][US: ˈsɪndroʊm]

waiter =ˈweɪtə]
later = leɪtə
alligator = ˈælɪɡeɪtə]
potato = [UK: pəˈteɪtəʊ] [US: pəˈteɪˌtoʊ]

pussycat=pʊsɪkæt]
cat = kæt]
hat = hæt]
rat = ræt]

car = [UK: kɑː] [US: ˈkɑːr]
far = [UK: fɑː][US: ˈfɑːr]
tar = UK: tɑː][US: ˈtɑːr]
guitar = UK: ɡɪˈtɑː][US: ɡəˈtɑːr]

I try to read out.

I mix the American and English pronunciation. I prefer əʊ to but for me it is very difficult. And difficult also æ because it is a voice between a and e when we say an e with wide open mouth.

Congratulations on your poetic vein. I think you are talented, and you awarded my literary laurels for these sweet nursery rhymes.

Many thanks!

Kati+

Hello Kati!
Nice to hear from you.
I’m totally flattered. Thank you so much :slight_smile:
By the way, I’m Oleg (in Russian It’s pronounced as A’lek).
As to English pronuciation, I’m not sure at all which sort of it I have, as nobody has ever appraised it in my hearing. Sometimes it seems to me that it makes words more understandable if I say -er in American manner, but it’s just impossible for me to tackle it in the middle of the word. Moreover, as I remember, the old generation of Russian (Soviet) teachers were just dismayed if you tried to imitate American accent.

Hello Oleg,

I am very happy that you are Russian. I have some Russian friends, and they are very nice people. I have been to the Soviet Union twice,I heave been in Moscou, Leningrad, + Suzdal, Novgorod,Vladimir. It was a luck because foreigners couldn’t go there. As my husband is an artist-painter they allowed him to watch these admirable kremlins.

You know I was admired always that in the Soviet Unions attached great importance to teaching very well English. Here in Hungary we can buy Russian English books (grammar and original English literature. They were so cheap that the poorest student could buy, and they were high quality. My daughter’s major was English, and Hungarian at University and her professors sent them to the Russian bookshop. For example, I bought to them Pushkin, Gogol, etc were translated very well into English. Their price were some filler = Некоторые копейки. I saw again the kremlins what I saw 40 years ago.ű

Novgorod

Suzdal

Vladimir

About pronunciation : in my age I never will learn the correct pronunciation. I would like to know both, but is is impossible.

If you write something please to send me again.

Take care:
Kati

Hello Oleg,

My Husband asked me why you didn’t you send pictures about Boris and Gleb because he said it was the most beautiful. I am forgetful because I forgot totally that we have been there also. Here is some pics.

Do you know we were for the second times in the Soviet Union in 1967. My husband spent there a month on a colony for artists. It was in синеж, this was about 80 km from Moscou. I asked Yuri, and he never heard about this colony of artist; perhaps it doesn’t exist any more.

Take care: Kati

In 17th century artist Jan Cossiers, showing Prometheus(promitiös) descending( dɪˈsendɪŋ] from heaven with fire;

NEW AGE ARTIST:From Prometheus(PROMÖSZIÖSZ) to Frankenstein,(Frankönstáin) Dr Faustus(Faustös) to Oppenheimer,(OPÖNHAIMÖR) the idea that the quest for knowledge is somehow forbidden and to seek it, therefore, destructive,(dɪˈStrʌktɪv) has been a constant theme in literature.The myth of Prometheus has influenced western literature for over 2000 years.Why? In Greek myth, Prometheus created Man from clay, against the wishes of Zeus.(ZI:ÖS) He further ˈfɜːðə] angered ˈæŋɡəd] Zeus(ZIÖSZ) by stealing fire by lighting a torch from the Chariot of the Sun and taking hot coals to Man.

Writers and painters throughout history have used the Promethean(PROMÖSZIÖN) myth as an allusion(əˈLuːʒən]) to make two distinct (dɪˈStɪŋkt] points: the quest for forbidden knowledge and the strength to resist rɪˈZɪst] oppression (əPreʃən]. Let’s consider a few writers who took Prometheus(PROMÖSZIÖSZ) as a theme to discuss dɪˈSkʌs] the pursuit pəˈSjuːt] of knowledge and where it can lead. The myth first appeared in the Greek epic poem ‘Theogony’, (SZIOGANI)written by Hesiod(HESZIOD) around 700 BC, where Prometheus appears as an upstart ˈʌpstɑːt] trickster ˈTrɪkstə]who steals fire from the gods.Prometheus’’ means ‘foresight’’ ˈfɔːsaɪt and in Hesiod’s account, ‘foresight’’ is doomed to duːmd tu –] get the better of Heaven and so, to punish his insolence,ɪnsələns] he is chained to a rock where his liver is plucked out plʌkt aʊt]and eaten daily by an eagle for all eternity itɜːnɪti]. In Hesiod, the story reinforces riːɪnˈFɔːsiz]the theodicy /θiːˈɒdɪsi/of Zeus, who is wise and just, whilst Prometheus, in over reaching for knowledge that wasn’t his to take, is to blame for humanity’s sorry condition. Aeschylus,(ESZKILÖSZ) 5th Century Greek tragedian, while telling the same story, has a different angle. For him, Prometheus, as well as the bringer of fire and civilization(sɪvəlaɪˈZeɪʃn to Man, is also their preserver prɪˈZɜːvə]. Zeus had intended ɪnˈTendid] to destroy humanity hjuːˈMænɪti]and create a new race.

So in this version Prometheus symbolizes Sɪmbəlaɪz] resistance rɪˈZɪstəns to oppression.Frankenstein, or, The Modern Prometheus, was written by Mary Shelley and was published in eighteen eighteen. Victor Frankenstein is the name of the scientist who creates the monster.Victor, just like Prometheus, arrogantly ærəɡəntli]ˈ[b] assumed the power to act as a Creator( kriːˈEɪtə] with no regard for the potential pəˈTenʃəl] consequences.Kɒnsɪkwənsiz] In his quest for knowledge he over reaches the limitations ˌlɪmɪˈTeɪʃən] of human wisdom and like Prometheus, is punished.

Prometheus and Victor rebel against the laws of nature and are punished with the loss of life and liberty whilst Frankenstein’s creation rails against ( reɪl əˈɡenst) his own existence. Mary Shelley’s reworking of the Prometheus myth can be interpreted as an allusion to the heedlessness(ˈhiːdləsnis) and irresponsibilityˌɪrɪˌspɒnsəˈbɪlɪti] of Man’s pursuit of knowledge at the expense of wisdom. I think the Promethean myth retains its power as an allusion, in our technological ˌteknəˈlɒdʒɪkəl]age, because the point being made is an ethical one: in our quest for knowledge, are we forgetting our moralˈmɒrəl] obligations(ˌˌɒblɪˈGeɪʃən]] to also use this knowledge wisely?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

quest NOUN
kwest kwest

quest (for something) (formal or literary) a long search for something, especially for some quality such as happiness
-the quest for happiness/knowledge/truth
-He set off in quest of adventure.

set off = depart

[b]distinct/bfrom sth = clearly different or of a different kind

persuit(n)/pəˈsjuːt/the act of looking for or trying to find something
the pursuit of happiness/knowledge/profit

upstart/ˈʌpstɑːt /a person who has just started in a new position or job but who behaves as if they are more important than other people, in a way that is annoying
(újgazdag)
trickster/ˈtrɪkstə®/a person who tricks or cheats people/

arrogant/ˈærəɡənt /=behaving in a proud, unpleasant way, showing little thought for other people (gőgös)

assume sth /əˈsjuːm / =to take or begin to have power or responsibility

rebel against /rɪˈbel /=rebelling, rebelled [intransitive] rebel (against somebody/something) to fight against or refuse to obey an authority, for example a government, a system, your parents, etc
He later rebelled against his strict religious upbringing.
Most teenagers find something to rebel against.

law of nature

the loss of life

human wisdom

whilst/waɪlst]=amíg/mialatt/miközben/míg/noha/=while
while CONJUNCTION
waɪl waɪl

(also formal whilst waɪlst waɪlst especially in British English)
1 during the time that something is happening
SYNONYM when
We must have been burgled while we were asleep.
Her parents died while she was still at school.
While I was waiting at the bus stop, three buses went by in the opposite direction.
2 at the same time as something else is happening
You can go swimming while I’m having lunch.
shoes mended while you wait
3 used to contrast two things
While Tom’s very good at science, his brother is absolutely hopeless.
Some people work better to music while others do not.
4 (used at the beginning of a sentence) although; despite the fact that…
While I am willing to help, I do not have much time available.
5 (North England English) until
I waited while six o’clock.

1 retain something
to keep something; to continue to have something
SYNONYM preserve
to retain your independence
He struggled to retain control of the situation.
The house retains much of its original charm.
She retained her tennis title for the third year.
2 retain something
to continue to hold or contain something
a soil that retains moisture
This information is no longer retained within the computer’s main memory.
(figurative) She has a good memory and finds it easy to retain facts.
3 retain somebody/something (law)
if a member of the public retains somebody such as a lawyer, he or she pays money regularly or in advance so the lawyer, etc. will do work for him or her
a retaining fee
to retain the services of a lawyer

heedless/ ˈhiːdləs /=[not usually before noun] heedless (of somebody/something) (formal)
not paying careful attention to somebody/something
heedless bravery

irresponsibility/ˌɪrɪˌspɒnsəˈBɪləti /=(of a person)
not thinking enough about the effects of what they do; not showing a feeling of responsibility
an irresponsible teenager
an irresponsible attitude
It would be irresponsible to ignore the situation.

pursuit of knowledge pəˈsjuːt

1 [uncountable] pursuit of something
the act of looking for or trying to find something
the pursuit of happiness/knowledge/profit
She travelled the world in pursuit of her dreams.

at expense ɪkˈspens) (kárára/terhére) of wisdom

technological age

quest for knowledge

moral obligation

Hello Kati!
You probably know more of my country than I do :slight_smile:
Ashamed to say, I’ve never been in the places you’ve mentioned except Moscow. Even in Peter (St. Petersburg) although we have a few friends there. One of them invites us from time to time but each time something goes wrong and we end up somewhere else, usually abroad. Maybe this is because when it comes to travelling I usually find myself being led by my wife. She’s the supreme commander in those issues and I’m just a talking wallet. She had knocked about a lot within Russia (Soviet Union at the time) in her childhood and youth so now it’s time to see other places. You know it’s such a great pleasure to hear positive words about Russia and Russians from you. It’s so rare these days :slight_smile:

Hello Oleg,

The world changed. We used to be elder than your wife used to be in the socialism.

You know probably that Hungary was also in the socialist camp. The people thought that we were not free. But after the WWII - that I am ashamed that we used to have politicians who took us in the WWII with Germany …but not the Hungarian have to blame for it, but our politicians – unfortunately we have again those kinds of politicians who would take us in a WW third for that they could remain in power. Lots of them want to restore the police of the thirties and glorify the Hungarian governor who took Hungary in this shameful war. I was born in 1941, and I have memories about this war. I remember that the men were frightened when they receive the call-up papers because they had to go to the war. If somebody didn’t go this was a deserter, and when they found him immediately he had been shot.

Now we couldn’t travel anywhere one part we became old I am over 71 my husband is over 78, the other part my husband unfortunately very ill. I can’t say that we are healthy. I can’t say we are rich. We live from day to day.

In Hungary life is very difficult. We are less than 10 million but 4 million people live in deep poverty. 500 000 University students or who just finished the University went to abroad they find job there, here there isn’t job.

I don’t want to complain but this is the truth. Now there are not possibility to visit Russia, and if we went you couldn’t receive us in that way than y in 1967.

I like very much the Russian literature. I admired your short writing about your French trip in Paris. I am sure that you are talented. Can I ask you that you write professionally? I read to my husband your writing, and he enjoyed also. My husband adores the Russian literature, and he made me love also. I read lately Alexander Blok (not once, I read several years ago, but now in English, and I was crying.) So I wanted to say that I didn’t know Russia and the Russian literature either what you surely know more well than me.

I am happy that I met you .Pass my regards to your wife, please.

Take care:
Kati

Hello Kati! Great thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate our acquaintance. Surprised to hear that things in Hungary are so bad. My hope is that you’re exaggerating. Unfortunately, we’ve never been in your country for now but people who have been say it’s a very nice and interesting place. Of course, I know you used to be on our side of barricades :slight_smile: Your ‘Ikaruses’ are still seen ocassionally on our streets and I pretty well remember the canned peas :slight_smile: I hope you’ll forgive me if I don’t keep up the talk about the war and politics in general. I’m just not good at it even in Russian. I’d rather thank you once more for your positive attitude towards my scribble. Of course, I don’t write professionally and it’s very unlikely I’ll ever do. I’m just a humble engineer. Well, if you’re interested in, when I joined this forum I made a sort of brief self introduction in a thread for new members. You can easily find it through my profile. Wish you both good health.

Oleg.

Hello Oleg,

Unfortunately, I don’t exaggerate when I write about the Hungarian situations. I don’t want to complain you because the complaint isn’t good for anybody. It is our problem, and we deal with it and the journalists all over the world. From Le Monde to The New York Times or from Le Figaro to The Financial Times and German papers also, but I can’t read in German.

Yesterday it was a German translator at our place who is translated the novel of the ex-minister of culture. Now he isn’t minister but he is the chief advisor of the prime minister. Imagine what kind of man can be this man. He told this translator “we are lucky that our prime minister is a small country’s p.m. because if he would be a big country’s p.m. he would set off the third WW. If I hear this kind of thing I could cry how he can accept to be his chief adviser when his opinion about him is this. The people for money are able for everything?

The change over brought very big poverty. For example, the agriculture collapsed. There isn’t market where the peasants could sell their products. The (Comecon ) Совет экономической взаимопомощи collapsed, and we didn’t keep the Russian market whereas the most part of our agricultural produce was exported to Russia. I live in Budapest and in a village also. In this village the peasants don’t grow anything. In the towns and the capital the factories had been closed; the national debt is in the sky, 2 billion Euros more than it was in the last year. 4 million people live in deep poverty.

Forgive me that you don’t like to speak about politics and I speak about it. I never interested in politics, but we live in a world when everybody is interested in politics. I couldn’t bury my head in the sand because if I go in the street everybody speaks about it.

Oleg, I’ve read you first writing. I enjoyed very much because you can write very concisely and with very good phrase. . It is very interesting how you decided to learn English on this course and you became addicted to learning English, than me also. For me the best pass-time if I have a little time and I can enrich my English.

I promise that I never more will write to you about Hungarian politics.

Bye to you and your wife:
Kati

Hello Kati,
That’s really sad. I mean all what you say about the situation in Hungary.
It’s quite reminiscent of what we used to have here in Russia in the 90s. But don’t you despair. Politicians come and go but we remain :slight_smile:
Sooner or later things will inevitably look up.