Read this text aloud (A lucky find)

Hi everybody! You can new practise your speaking and pronunciation skills by recording the following text here on the forum:

A Lucky find

When I was young, we always had to do without a lot of things that other kids had.We lived with on my dad’s wage, which wasn’t much, but we managed to get by.If we needed anything, we would save up for it, but there was never very much for luxuries.
Then, one day, I was helping my mum clean out my great-aunt’s attic after she died when we came across my great-aunt’s will! In it, she had left all her money to my mum, and my great-aunt had been very rich! We had suddenly come into a fortune!
Life changed after that, I can tell you.We bought a new house and a new car and went on a great holiday to make up for all the times we hadn’t been able to afford it.
They say money isn’t everything, but having money is a lot more fun than not having it!

A Lucky find

When I was young, we always had to do without a lot of things that other kids had.We lived with on my dad’s wage, which wasn’t much, but we managed to get by.If we needed anything, we would save up for it, but there was never very much for luxuries.
Then, one day, I was helping my mum clean out my great-aunt’s attic after she died when we came across my great-aunt’s will! In it, she had left all her money to my mum, and my great-aunt had been very rich! We had suddenly come into a fortune!
Life changed after that, I can tell you.We bought a new house and a new car and went on a great holiday to make up for all the times we hadn’t been able to afford it.
They say money isn’t everything, but having money is a lot more fun than not having it!

hi every body,
How I can record my voice please?

Hi

You have to install all that Java package, when finished it will appeared an icon to record your voice whenever you post a reply…

hii

oops,sorryyyy
ohh i’m trying again because i did not read the text atleast once before recording it and made some mistakes…i think…
so i’m trying to read again ok?

i’m Amal from India…i’m jus gonna try to read this text again!

A Lucky find

A Lucky find

A Lucky find

When I was young, we always had to do without a lot of things that other kids had.We lived with on my dad’s wage, which wasn’t much, but we managed to get by. If we needed anything, we would save up for it, but there was never very much for luxuries.
Life changed after that, I can tell you. We bought a new house and a new car and went on a great holiday to make up for all the times we hadn’t been able to afford it.

Hi,

Thank you for recording that. You spoke very clearly and made the story sound interesting. Well done.

Alan

Thank you, Sir!

Hi.I am Elmer. I want to speak english fluently. Would you mind giving me some tips to improve my English? Thanks.

Hi everybody! I am here to practice my speaking and pronunciation skills by recording the following text here on the forum:

A Lucky find

Hi,

I have a few doubts about this text, please.

Should it be “came”?

Shouldn’t it be “is a lot more funny than” or “brings a lot more fun than”?

Thanks.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Thank you Alan … :slight_smile: