Rank and Rank table?

What do you think of the term “Rank” as it is currently used on our website? I mean, I understand that “ranking” or even something like “leaderboard” might be more “correct”, but “rank” is very short. More than 50% of our users are viewing the site through their mobile devices, whose screens are small, and shorter words are always better than longer ones when it comes to navigation.

Also, what do you make of the term ‘Rank table’ our development team came up with?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Like

I don’t think this site should have such things. Same with most other sites unless it’s an actual competition of some sort.

If you are going to have this, I think a less competitive term would be better, but I can’t think of any good alternatives off the top of my head. Maybe when I’m not so tired I’ll think of something.

Between rank and rank table, I like rank better. I like ranking better yet.

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I wouldn’t use a rank table, because the purpose of this all is to teach people something. Some of them might not like to be ranked or could even get scared, since every member can see each other’s results.

2 Likes

I think ranking would be more appropriate. I understand your concern regarding people using mobiles and therefore having small screens, but ranking is only 3 letters more than rank.

2 Likes

To me, rank and ranking sound a bit technical, reminding me of statistics courses, Excel and class rankings. Top Scores or Top Scorers would make it sound more like a game.

2 Likes