Raising SAT score

Hey guy, I’m Hien from Viet Nam. I’ve just wandered around here and find much helpful information about SAT test. It makes me wish I knew it sooner.

I recently took an SAT test and I didn’t come up to my expectation. I score 540 on Verbal, 740 math, and 620 writing. I need much more score to get a scholarship. What I’m worried about is whether in a few month I could raise my score to 2300. I hope some of you can help me!

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

watch free movies online

I found a site: www.perfect800.com. They offer hundreds of free SAT Math questions, and you can sort by difficulty and question type, so you can really pick problems that work for you. They also have leveling up and challenges which give it a video game like feel. It’s awesome!

A math score of 740 is very good. To squeeze out those last few points you really need to practice those last few problems that appear at the end of each section.

I’m guessing that you will be taking one of the Math Subject Tests? Preparing for one of these will also help you with the most difficult SAT problems.

I think it is very much possible to improve your score. You’ll need a lot of discipline and perseverance. I have several students who improved their score by over 100 points. All you have to do is 1-2 months of extensive studying.

I usually recommend the EZ Solutions series of math and verbal books for the SAT or ACT along with the Official Guide to my students. If you need more practice, you can also get the Barrons or Kaplan workbooks.

Get books that just focus on Practice Tests, and then learn from the explanations. Books like Princeton Review’s 11 Practice Tests, Kaplan’s 12 PT’s, etc. The more practice, the higher you will score. But don’t forget to learn from your mistakes, that is the most important part of improving.

dont worry about your math, it’s not worth it to spend 50 hours to increase 60 points when you can spend 50 hours on Critical Reading and increase possibly 150 points.

i advise getting the collegeboard official sat study guide. it’s also called the “Blue Book” or BB. after taking a practice test, make sure to go over every question and try to rationalize each wrong answer.

Yes the above is correct. Also, the first 3 tests in the 2nd edition blue book will give you an exact score. The next 7 will not, they are good for practice but not for an exact score.

I agree, the Blue Book has raised my score from a 1380 to a 2100 and still continues to increase.

Blue book is excellent, in addition you can try number2.com. You can also consider taking a test with the option of QAS ( it is offered in May, October, January ) that will help you identiy areas that you need to focus on.