question about a test?

Hello Torsten,

I am doing the

adj. clear; exact; precise; quick

Correct word: (d) express

Your answer was: incorrect
your choice:
perfect

My answer was really the adjective:perfect. I would like to ask that clear,-exact,-precise, quick is rather synonym with perfect as with express
What is your opinion? I copied here from the OXFORD DICTIONARY.You can see that perfect (adj)can be synonymous withexact, precise, (clear) but express only with quick or formal speaking :clearly stated. Can you please to control my statement and answer that I think of it well or badly.

perfect
1 having everything that is necessary;
complete and without faults or weaknesses in perfect condition a perfect set of teeth
-Well I’m sorry—but nobody’s perfect(= used when somebody has criticized you).
2 completely correct; exact and accurate
She speaks perfect English.
a perfect copy/fit/match
What perfect timing! see also word-perfect
3 the best of its kind a perfect example of the painter’s early style the perfect crime(= one in which the criminal is never discovered)
4 excellent; very good
The weather was perfect.

express
travelling very fast; operating very quickly
an express bus/coach/train
express delivery services
2 (of a letter, package, etc.) sent by express service express mail
3 (North American English) (of a company that delivers packages) providing an express service an air express company
4 (formal) (of a wish or an aim) clearly and openly stated

From the enumerated adjectives it is synonym only with quick and formally we can say
clearly(adv) stated.

-It was his express wish that you should have his gold watch after he died.
-I came here with the express purpose of speaking with the manager.

I will do again the test with express , but I feel my previous answer was better.

Regards:
Kati Svaby

Hello Torsten I looked up a synonym dictionary to see the synonyms of the perfect, adj.

perfect

adj  

1 absolute, complete, completed, consummate, entire, finished, full, out-and-out, sheer, unadulterated, unalloyed, unmitigated, utter, whole
2 blameless, clean, excellent, faultless, flawless, ideal, immaculate,(extremely clean) impeccable, pure, splendid, spotless, sublime, superb, superlative, supreme, unblemished, unmarred, untarnished
3 accurate, close, correct, exact, faithful, on the money (U.S.) precise, right, spot-on (Brit. informal) strict, true, unerring
4 accomplished, adept, experienced, expert, finished, masterly, polished, practised, skilful, skilled

Apart from the adjective “quick” the other 3 adjectives are synonymous with perfect.

Let’s see the adjective “express”

4 accurate, categorical, certain, clear, definite, direct, distinct, exact, explicit, outright, plain, pointed, precise, unambiguous
5 clear-cut, especial, particular, singular, special
6 direct, fast, high-speed, nonstop, quick, quickie (informal) rapid, speedy, swift

Hello Torsten,

Excuse me that I was mistaken again. The adjective of express synonymous with all the four enumerated adjectives.

It was a surprise for me. I would never have thought this. I hope that you won’t be angry with me that my hand worked sooner as my brain.

Aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben.=What is delayed may happen later.or : Better late than never . I can find other proverbs. Sorry!!!

Regards:
Kati svaby

Microphone PLEASE.