Qualities of a good neighbor

one more … thanks a lot

I think there are a lot of qualities that one may list for a good neighbor, but I will focus on main characteristics. They are honesty, attentiveness and friendliness.
First, honesty is a very important feature for all human beings, especially for neighbors, because they are the closest people from the distance point of view and we have to share a common house, yard, block etc. They should be true people in order we could rely on them in some difficult cases. For example, when my family goes on trip to the countryside, we leave keys to our neighbors and ask them to care for our flowers and parrots. Our neighbors do the same. For instance, last week the woman was late from work and phoned to ask to care for her nine-year old son, who had to sit in the yard.
Second, consideration is one of the conspicuous features of a neighbor. Neighbors shouldn’t forget that they are not the only residents of the house and be careful toward others. They shouldn’t listen to a loud music and have convivial gatherings at late hours; they should be mindful and never leave apartment without turning off electric and gas facilities, closing taps and so on. Neighbors shouldn’t interfere into others’ personal matters and try to help in need. My own case is apt to be mentioned here. A few years ago we had very strange neighbor, who was always flooding our apartment. Neither complaints, nor threats helped and eventually we moved away.
The last but not the least, people are social creatures. We need to communicate and get together. We can’t leave and develop without communication. That’s why it’s excellent when our neighbors are friendly and kind, and meet us with greeting and smile on the face. It’s so delightful when your neighbors care of your mood and health. You know that you can address them and they will not refuse to help.
Certainly, not all neighbors have got such qualities, especially in today’s busy pace, when people are more concerned about own problems. However, we should try to be honest, considerate and friendly toward each other to get along, otherwise as it’s said in one Azeri proverb leave the house if your neighbor is bad.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (1)

one more … thanks a lot

I think there are a lot of qualities that one may list IN REGARD TO THE QUALITIES OF a good neighbor, but I will focus on THE main characteristics. They are honesty, attentiveness and friendliness.

First, honesty is a very important feature for all human beings, especially for neighbors, because they are the closest people from the distance point of view and we have to share a common house, yard, block etc. They should be true people in order we could rely on them in some difficult cases. For example, when my family goes on tripS to the countryside, we leave OUR keys WITH our neighbors and ask them to care for our flowers and parrots. /Our neighbors do the same/WE DO THE SAME FOR OUR NEIGHBOURS/. For instance, last week the woman was late from work and phoned to ask US to care for her nine-year old son, who WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE had to sit in the yard.

Second, consideration is one of the conspicuous features of a neighbor. Neighbors shouldn’t forget that they are not the only residents of the house and be careful toward others. They shouldn’t listen to a loud music and have convivial gatherings at late hours; they should be mindful and never leave THEIR apartment without turning off BOTH THE electric and gas facilities, closing taps and so on. Neighbors shouldn’t interfere into others’ personal matters and try to help WHEN NOT ASKED. My own case is apt to be mentioned here. A few years ago we had very strange neighbor, who was always flooding our apartment. Neither complaints, nor threats helped and eventually we moved away.
The last but not the least, people are social creatures. We need to communicate and get together. We can’t LIVE and develop without communication. That’s why it’s excellent when our neighbors are friendly and kind, and meet us with greetingS and smileS on theIR faceS. It’s so delightful when your neighbors care ABOUT your mood and health. You know that you can address them and they will not refuse to help.
Certainly, not all neighbors have got such qualities, especially in today’s busy pace, when people are more concerned about own problems. However, we should try to be honest, considerate and friendly toward each other to get along, otherwise as it’s said in one Azeri proverb; “Leave the house if your neighbor is bad.”
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Multiple contractions in this essay!

Kitos. 7.5/10

I see :slight_smile:

Is 7.5/10 is score?

best regards