Prompt: It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends

Will you please evaluate my essay ? @Torsten

As there is a traditional saying ‘Old is gold’ is effectively true when it comes to preserving our friend circle. Although, no one can deny the fact that this matter has both positive and negative sides but I do firmly stand by the opinion of cherishing old friends is more significant than building new friendships. I feel this way for particular reasons which I will explore further in this essay.

To begin with, if we compare old friendship to a thousand-year-old tree we can perceive one thing which is a stronger root system. In simple terms, an old tree includes a deeper root system which is an important reason why the tree is so much stronger. The same concept can be applied in the case of old friendships, the stronger the bond internally deeper the friendship grows. I can personally relate to this situation by giving my own experience. I have one childhood friend which is very close to me, and we have been friends for an ample amount of time. We have been together for about 17 years. Although not just measuring time strengthens friendship the bond which has been formed equally matures the friendship more.

Additionally, being friends with people also has some other benefits. Being together for so many years develops a sense of comfort where a person knows the weakness and needs of the other person. If the person is at a vulnerable point in his or her life, surely the older friend knows how to handle the situation gracefully by knowing the person’s capabilities and will be able to guide the person accordingly. For instance, a person failed in chemistry subject which was the hardest subject for him to study. His older friend was studying the subject but he scored well. As the older friend knew he started different techniques which helped the person to score well and eventually he did score well. The older friend knew how he could handle the situation effectively. If there was a new friend instead, he wouldn’t be able to handle this situation as effectively as the older friend did.

In the end, I certainly stand in the opinion that cherishing old friends is a good way to make the bond stronger and help each other in every possible way.

1 Like

The traditional saying “old is gold” is indeed true when it comes to maintaining our circle of friends. Although no one can deny that this thing has both positive and negative sides, I firmly stand by the opinion that maintaining old friends is more important than building new friendships. There are certain reasons for this, which I will discuss in more detail in this essay.

First of all, if we compare an old friendship to a thousand-year-old tree, we can see one thing, a stronger root system. Simply put, an old tree has a deeper root system, which is an important reason why the tree is so much stronger. The same concept can be applied to old friendships: The stronger the bond inside, the deeper the friendship grows. I can relate to this situation from my own experience. I have a childhood friend who is very close to me, and we have been friends for a long time. We have been together for about 17 years. Although the friendship is not only strengthened by measuring time, the friendship matures even more because of the bond that has been formed.

In addition, being friends with other people has some other benefits. When you are together for so many years, a sense of security develops because you know each other’s weaknesses and needs. When a person is at a weak point in his or her life, the older friend certainly knows how to handle the situation because he or she knows the person’s abilities and can guide him or her accordingly. An example: a person failed chemistry, which was the most difficult subject for him. His older friend studied the subject but did well. The older friend knew to use different techniques that helped the person do well, and eventually he did well. The older friend knew how to handle the situation effectively. If a new friend had been there instead, he would not have been able to handle the situation as well as the older friend.

In the end, I believe that caring for old friends is a good way to strengthen the bond and help each other in every way.

1 Like

Thank you so much for these kind suggestions !!! You are doing an awesome thing…

1 Like