Prompt: Do you agree or disagree with the statement. Young People enjoy life more than elder people do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Hello Everybody, I am new here. Can you please check my essay? That would be of great help. Thanks in advance ! @sumejja @Kitosdad

No one can deny that there are both positive and negative aspects of younger generation enjoying life than geriatrics do. If I were forced to choose, I would definitely refute with the given statement. It is my firm belief that disagreeing with the idea that young adults relish life more than older generation does for a number of reasons, and I will develop these points in the subsequent paragraphs.

To begin with, juveniles are imposed with work restrictions whereas there is no constraint of professional life in the case of the older people. I have to admit that my opinion on this matter has been profoundly influenced by my own experience. My cousins who are all working professionals weren’t able to attend one important family gathering which was out of town because of their busy work schedule. However, my grandfather could address the function as he wasn’t under the burden of any limitations. In this way, my grandfather didn’t worry about the workload and savoured the moment.

Furthermore, in today’s scenario adults have more responsibilities on their shoulders than elders due to the change in the lifestyle. For instance, in some homes younger generation are the bread earners of the house hence they can’t enjoy as comparatively as senior citizens do. Drawing from my own experience, my brother is the only jobholder hence he holds duties on his shoulder. On the other hand, my grandparents can relish life with no restrictions of responsibilities.

Although, as there is a saying a sword has two edges this idea can also have a different side. Elderly people might experience life in an unfulfilling way as there can be more health issues in them than youths. Nevertheless, if these health problems can be treated well at right point of time, then certainly older generation will still be able to enjoy life in better way.

In light of the above-mentioned reasons, I strongly stand by my stance that older generation relish life more than youth does

1 Like

No one can deny that there are both positive and negative aspects to the younger generation enjoying life more than the older generation. If I were forced to choose, I would definitely disagree with the above statement. I strongly believe that there are a number of reasons against young adults enjoying life more than the older generation, and I will explain these points in the following sections.

First of all, young people face work constraints, while there is no constraint on older people to work. I must admit that my opinion on this issue has been strongly influenced by my own experiences. My cousins, all of whom are employed, were unable to attend an important family function that was held out of town because of their busy schedules. However, my grandfather was able to attend the event because he was not burdened by any restrictions. In this way, my grandfather did not worry about the workload and enjoyed the moment.

In addition, adults today have more responsibilities than elders due to changes in lifestyle. In some households, the younger generation is the breadwinner of the house and therefore cannot have as much fun as the older people. From my own experience, I can say that my brother is the only one who works, so he has all the responsibilities on his shoulders. On the other hand, my grandparents can enjoy life without the restrictions of duties.

Although there is a saying that a sword has two edges, this idea can have another side. Older people may find life unfulfilling because they may have more health problems than younger people. However, if these health problems can be treated well at the right time, the older generation will surely enjoy life even more.

Considering the above reasons, I firmly stand by my opinion that the older generation enjoys life more than the young.

Okay yes sure. Thank you so much for your advice !

1 Like