Preventative measures vs treatment

Good evening Teacher Kitos,
Thanks a million for your great help!

Cut of a country’s budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures. To what extent do you agree with the statement? (436 words)

It stands to reason that health is of first and foremost importance to everyone. Government are therefore investing more into health care. However, still there is the debate over how much country’s budget should be spent on health education , preventative measures and how much on treatment. Personally, I reckon that a large proportion of national budget ought to be put into preventative measures, but this amount of money cannot be diverted from treatment for some reasons as following.

To begin with, health education and preventative measures are so essential that they require much concern and money. Health education help to raise the awareness among people. Then, they will know how to maintain health as well as protect themselves from serious diseases. Some of which are totally avoidable if we have enough knowledge about it. Otherwise, it will turn out to be too fatal or incurable. Take heart diseases for example. The best cure of these is not always medicine but to control the diet well, say to eat more fruit everyday and cut down on the salt intake. Alas, only ten percent of the world population are clearly aware of this according to statistics. Moreover, preventative measures are vital to contagious diseases, without which there will be life-threatening epidemics on large scale. Unless we take strong steps to prevent them soon, they will no doubt result in mass of victims. To boot, by attaching importance to prevention, we can tremendously reduce the treatment costs due to the fact that many diseases have been impeded timely.

However, treatment also need to be put great emphasis on, let alone a cutback. No matter how excellent and effective our health prevention systems are, thousands of people still catch diseases everyday, and a great deal of money are being spent on hospital care. What is more, some illnesses require modern technology which is really expensive. Thus, a part of budget should cover for improving medical facilities or buying latest technology from developed countries. Especially, treatment is usually more urgent than prevention. Preventative approaches can somehow a little late, but a single minute probably change one’s life. In fact, numerous people have been saved in the nick of time thanks to adequate materials. Thereby, it is wise for government to pour money into treatment equally into prevention, if not more than.

All in all, as the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure”, government should set aside enough money for health education and preventative measures. However, because treatment is of the extreme importance so government had better pay the same attention to it rather than transfer its money to prevention systems.

TOEFL listening lectures: How would you describe the results of the Viking biological experiments?

It stands to reason that health is of first and foremost importance to everyone. Governments are therefore investing more into health care. However, there are still debates over how much of a country’s budget should be spent on health education , preventative measures and how much on treatment. Personally, I reckon that a large proportion of the national budget ought to be put into preventative measures, but this amount of money should not be diverted from treatment for some reasons as following.

To begin with, health education and preventative measures are so essential that they require much concern and money. Health education helps to raise the awareness among people. Then, they will know how to maintain health as well as protect themselves from serious diseases, some of which are totally avoidable if we have enough knowledge about them, otherwise they could turn out to be too far advanced, or completely incurable. Take heart diseases for example. The best cure of these is not always medicine, but to control the diet better. To eat more fruit everyday and cut down on the salt intake. Alas, according to statistics, only ten percent of the world population are clearly aware of this. Moreover, preventative measures are vital to contagious diseases, without which there will be life-threatening epidemics on a large scale. Unless we take strong steps to prevent them soon, they will no doubt result in a mass of victims.
By attaching more importance to prevention, we can tremendously reduce the treatment costs due to the fact that many diseases have been impeded.

However, treatment also needs to be put great emphasis on, let alone talking about cutbacks. No matter how excellent and effective our health prevention systems are, thousands of people still catch diseases everyday, and a great deal of money is being spent on hospital care. What is more, some illnesses require modern technology which is really expensive. Thus, a part of the budget should made available for improving medical facilities or buying the latest technology from developed countries. Special treatment is usually more urgent than prevention. Preventative approaches can somehow be considered as being a little late, but a single minute of treatment might probably save one’s life. In fact, numerous people have been saved in the nick of time thanks to adequate materials. Thereby, it is wise for government to pour money into treatment equally into prevention, if not more than.

All in all, as the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure”, government should set aside enough money for health education and preventative measures. However, because treatment is of extreme importance government had better pay the same attention to it rather than transfer its money to prevention systems.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A little too long Richard. Say what you have to say as concisely as possible.

Two major subjects here.

Treatment and prevention; each with their dedicated paragraph would have been more than sufficient, especially when topped off with a succinct conclusion.

Kitos. 8/10

Thank you Teacher. I see. Do I need to rewrite it?

Cut of a country’s budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures. To what extent do you agree with the statement?

It stands to reason that health is of first and foremost importance to everyone. Government are therefore investing more into health care. However, still there is the debate over how much country’s budget should be spent on health education , preventative measures and how much on treatment. Personally, I reckon that a large proportion of national budget ought to be put into preventative measures, but this amount of money [cannot] [color=red](should not) be diverted from treatment for some reasons as following.

To begin with, health education and preventative measures are so essential that they require much concern and money. Health education helpcolor=red to raise the awareness among people. Then, they will know how to maintain health as well as protect themselves from serious diseases[.] color=red [s]color=redome of which are totally avoidable if we have enough knowledge about [it]color=red[. ]color=redotherwise, it will turn out to be too [fatal or incurable] [color=red](far advanced, or completely incurable). Take heart diseases for example. The best cure of these is not always medicinecolor=red but to control the diet [well] color=red[, say]. To eat more fruit everyday and cut down on the salt intake.[ Alas, only ten percent of the world population are clearly aware of this according to statistics]. Moreover, preventative measures are vital to contagious diseases, without which there will be life-threatening epidemics on large scale. Unless we take strong steps to prevent them soon, they will no doubt result in color=red mass of victims. [To boot,] By attaching importance to prevention, we can tremendously reduce the treatment costs due to the fact that many diseases have been impeded [timely].

However, treatment also needcolor=red to be put great emphasis on, let alone [color=red](talking about) [a] cutbackcolor=red. No matter how excellent and effective our health prevention systems are, thousands of people still catch diseases everyday, and a great deal of money [are] [color=red](is being) spent on hospital care. What is more, some illnesses require modern technology which is really expensive. Thus, a part of budget should [cover] [color=red](be made available) for improving medical facilities or buying color=red latest technology from developed countries. [Especially,] color=red treatment is usually more urgent than prevention. Preventative approaches can somehow [color=red](be considered as being) a little late, but a single minute [color=red](of treatment) probably [change] color=red one’s life. In fact, numerous people have been saved in the nick of time thanks to adequate materials. Thereby, it is wise for government to pour money into treatment equally into prevention, if not more than.

All in all, as the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure”, government should set aside enough money for health education and preventative measures. However, because treatment is of the extreme importance [so] government had better pay the same attention to it rather than transfer its money to prevention systems.

I am sorry to have made so many unavoidable mistakes like that. I crossed out one unnecessary sentence and reviewed carefully your correction. After several corrections according to your editions, I have partly understand how hard your work is. Thank a lot for your dedication and great patience. :slight_smile:

Only if you wish do do so Richard. Cut out the unnecessary words and try to “tighten” it up.

Teacher, I really enjoy writing, not rewriting :slight_smile: . But should it be necessary, I will then do, 'cos sometimes we need to do unwanted things :slight_smile:
I make it two versions, hoping to make it easier for you to follow.( Both the same but the first points out my changes). And I haven’t figured out what should I do with my conclusion yet. :frowning:
Hope you will not get bored with checking my second piece.
Thank you. :slight_smile:

It stands to reason that health is of first and foremost importance to everyone. Governments are therefore investing more into health care. However, there are still debates over how much of a country’s budget should be spent on health education , preventative measures and how much on treatment. Personally, [I reckon that a large proportion of the national budget ought to be put into preventative measures, but this amount of money should not be diverted from treatment for some reasons as following] [color=cyan][I think governments should invest equally into both because of some following reasons]

Firstly, [health education and preventative measures are so essential that they require much concern and money] [color=cyan]prevention requires much concern and money. Health education helps to raise the awareness among people[. Then, they will] [color=cyan](so that they can) know how to maintain health as well as protect themselves from serious diseases, some of which are totally avoidable if we have enough knowledge about them, otherwise they could turn out to be too far advanced, or completely incurable. Take heart diseases for example. The best cure of these is not always medicine, but to control the diet better. To eat more fruit everyday and cut down on the salt intake. [Alas, according to statistics, only ten percent of the world population are clearly aware of this]. Moreover, preventative measures are vital to contagious diseases, without which there will be life-threatening epidemics on a large scale. Unless we take strong steps to prevent them soon, they will no doubt result in a mass of victims. By attaching more importance to prevention, we can tremendously reduce the treatment costs due to the fact that many diseases have been impeded.

However, treatment also needs to be put great emphasis on, let alone talking about cutbacks. No matter how excellent and effective our health prevention systems are, thousands of people still catch diseases everyday[, and a great deal of money is being spent on hospital care. What is more,] some [illnesses] [color=cyan](of which) require modern technology which is really expensive. Thus, a part of the budget should made color=red available for improving medical facilities or buying the latest technology from developed countries. Special treatment is usually more urgent than prevention. Preventative approaches can somehow be considered as being a little late, but a single minute of treatment might probably save one’s life. [In fact, numerous people have been saved in the nick of time thanks to adequate materials]. Thereby, it is wise for government to pour money into treatment equally into prevention, if not more than.

All in all, as the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure”, government should set aside enough money for health education and preventative measures. However, because treatment is of extreme importance government had better pay the same attention to it rather than transfer its money to prevention systems.

It stands to reason that health is of first and foremost importance to everyone. Governments are therefore investing more into health care. However, there are still debates over how much of a country’s budget should be spent on health education , preventative measures and how much on treatment. Personally, I think government should invest equally into both because of some following reasons.

Firstly, prevention requires much concern and money. Health education helps to raise the awareness among people so that they can know how to maintain health as well as protect themselves from serious diseases, some of which are totally avoidable if we have enough knowledge about them, otherwise they could turn out to be too far advanced, or completely incurable. Take heart diseases for example. The best cure of these is not always medicine, but to control the diet better. To eat more fruit everyday and cut down on the salt intake. Moreover, preventative measures are vital to contagious diseases, without which there will be life-threatening epidemics on a large scale. Unless we take strong steps to prevent them soon, they will no doubt result in a mass of victims. By attaching more importance to prevention, we can tremendously reduce the treatment costs due to the fact that many diseases have been impeded.

However, treatment also needs to be put great emphasis on, let alone talking about cutbacks. No matter how excellent and effective our health prevention systems are, thousands of people still catch diseases everyday, some of which require modern technology which is really expensive. Thus, a part of the budget should color=red made available for improving medical facilities or buying the latest technology from developed countries. Special treatment is usually more urgent than prevention. Preventative approaches can somehow be considered as being a little late, but a single minute of treatment might probably save one’s life. Thereby, it is wise for government to pour money into treatment equally into prevention, if not more than.

You are unbelievably dedicated Richard. I thank you for all the trouble you go to to correct your work.
Whatever success comes your way in the future you desereve it so very much. My best wishes go with you wherever you go.

Kitos.

You are unbelievably dedicated Richard. I thank you for all the trouble you go to to correct your work.
Whatever success comes your way in the future you desereve it so very much. My best wishes go with you wherever you go.

Kitos.

Thank you thank you thank you Teacher !!! Don’t you think that I learn it from you? :slight_smile:
Besides being a great teacher, you are a wonderful encourager (I guess this word does not exist in English :))
Thank for all your kind words. :slight_smile: