prepositions

I don’t know the right prepositions.
1-she is going to have another blouse made to go… her costume ,has her old one is quite worn…
2-the rocks werw worn …by wind and weather.
3-I can see … that clever scheme of his , he cant deceive me , i know what he is playing.
4-thay will have to do … such luxurise if they want to pay …all they owe.
5-an epidemic of influenza broke… last winter , and did not die …more clearly.
6-if you paint the figures … bright colours they will stand… more clearly
7-we set … as soon as the old man pointed …the way to us
8-i have nothing … common…him,so we have put an end …our friendship once and…all.
9- make yourself …home, help yourself …anything you want …waiting to be asked.
10- if you have quarrelled …her, dont worry …it, put it completely …your mind , it will be sure to turn…allright…the end.

Please note the following rules of written English:

Sentences should always start with a capital letter.
The word “I” should always be capitalised, wherever it appears.
You should type a space after a comma, but no space before.

As far as the prepositions are concerned, I think you should try to answer the questions yourself first. Then someone here will check if your answers are correct.

If I had known the correct answers,I would have done them but I’ll try.

I don’t know the right prepositions. Possible answers.
1-She is going to have another blouse made to go…with… her costume,as her old one is quite worn…out…
2-The rocks were worn …out…by wind and weather.
3-I can see … that clever scheme of his,he can’t deceive me,I know what he is playing…
4-They will have to do … such luxurise if they want to pay …all they owe.
5-An epidemic of influenza broke…out… last winter , and did not die …many months.
6-If you paint the figures … bright colours,they will stand… more clearly.
7-We set …out… as soon as the old man pointed …out…the way to us.
8-I have nothing …in… common…with…him,so we have put an end …to…our friendship once and…for…all.
9 Make yourself …at…home, help yourself …with…anything you want, …waiting to be asked.
10-If you have quarrelled …with…her, don’t worry …about…it. Put it completely …out of…your mind , it will be sure to turn…up…allright…at…the end.
11.They were already …out of…sight beyond the next hill,so it was impossible to catch…them.

2 - ‘away’ would be better
3 - see through … playing at
4 - do without such luxuries … pay back
5 - for many months
6 - in bright colours … stand out more clearly
7 - There’s nothing wrong with this, but I suspect the examiner would expect ‘we set off…’
9 - without waiting to be asked
10 - turn out all right in the end
11 - to catch up with them (I can’t think of a single word to put between ‘catch’ and ‘them’)

All the rest are okay as you’ve written them :slight_smile:

Beeesneees,
Are they correct?

1. I can see through his clever scheme and he can’t deceive me since I know what he is playing at.
  2. They will have to celebrate without luxuries if they want to pay back all their due.

1 is correct.
In 2, ‘due’ needs to be ‘dues’, though aside from that it is not grammatically incorrect. However, it is quite strange as a ‘celebration’ implies a touch of luxury. It’s certainly not an appropriate response within this particular exercise.

Thank u f y help I’m not good at prepositions. Are the rules of written English O.K.Many lovely sun shine days from me n my country Libya.

If you wish to improve your English, I suggest you use English, not ‘txtspk’ in your messages.

you, not u
for, not f
your, not y
and, not n

english-test.net/community/i … ing_skills