Prepositions: The room was crowded with people (OR 'of people')

Hi,

Are there concepts for each of them? I"m never sure when I have to use one of them. :oops:

Why do I have to use?: “The room was crowded with people” instead, “The room was crowded of people”?

Thank you. :smiley:

Hi Lizzette,

Welcome to our forum. I think it’s best to learn prepositions in context rather than trying to come up with rules. There often is no ‘logical’ explanation as to why certain preposition is used in a particular context. Often you can use different prepositions to express the same concept.

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Furniture store announces special sales weekend by means of a radio commercial[YSaerTTEW443543]

Torsten thank you for your answer.
I have been studying hard and trying to improve my English, but I feel like “stuck” in the same point and prepositions make me to feel really frustrated.

Again thank you for your help.

Lizzette,

Have you tried to use your subconscious mind to help you absorb new phrases and expressions? I’ve noticed that ‘studying hard’ often has its limits when it comes to learning a language.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: University professor of literature introduces herself to her new students[YSaerTTEW443543]