Prep for toefl

Hi,

I came accross this forum today, it looks great.

I gave my GMAT recently and now plan to prepare for TOEFL -iBT. I dont know what to start with. I would like to know what preparation materials are the best. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Juhi

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and his assistant

Hello Juhi, good to have you around. Where are your from? If you want to prepare for the TOEFL you can start by testing your TOEFL vocabulary:
TOEFL Words
[size=75]http://www.english-test.net/toefl/[/size]

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A walking frame[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

I am from India. The material for testing the vocabulary is exhaustive and I will surely test myself on it.

I learnt that the structure part has been scrapped off the test and it tests our grammar indirectly.

I wanted to know how difficult are the passages and the essays. I will give a full length test available on the ETS website. Where else can I get access to complete TOEFL tests?

Thanks for your prompt response!
Juhi

Hi Juhi,

I take it you are preparing for the TOEFL because you want to apply for admission to a university? What and where do you want to study? It’s important to keep an eye on your goal, the TOEFL is only an objective, a step you have to take to get closer to your goals. In other words, it’s much more important to learn more about certain subjects than to concentrate on the TOEFL. The best TOEFL preparation is to read an article on a topic you are interested in. Most TOEFL prep materials focus on the test rather than on tangible subjects.
You can take a look at those materials by browsing through Amazon or eBay.

What do you think about the 30/30 Challenge?
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Kids running barefoot[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Yes I want to apply to a few universities in the US for an MBA program.

The 30/30 challenge sounds great and I will start with listening to some audio recordings on the internet as well as on BBC.

I am pressed for time. I do have a good command over the language, but need to acquaint myself to the specific test requirements so that I can perform well in it.

Thanks!
Juhi