Possessive 's' (Unit 6)

Blue shows possession and red the shorten form of the verb to be

Hello everyone!!
Good day Mister Torsten
red is the short verb’s form “to be”.
Blue’s possession.

hello sir,
the red s indicate a possession
the blue s indicate a contraction form of is.

Hello Sir, Unit-6 is excellent.

I m sure that Red “s” is used for possessive and Blue “s” is used for Short form.

Thank you so much for sharing wonderful units.

Ekta

red = possesive
and blue, the shorten form of the verb to be

I understand very well the difference between the use ‘s’ red for possessive nouns and ‘s’ blue for the contracted form of verb to’’ be’’.

If I want to say "the leaves of the plants of the maize are destroyed by the insects ", which one of the phrases below s correct?.
The leaves’s plants of maize are destroyed by the insects
The leaves’s plants of maize are destroyed by the insects

I understand very well the difference between the use ‘s’ red for possessive nouns and ‘s’ blue for the short form of verb to’’ be’’.

If I want to say "the leaves of the plants of the maize are destroyed by the insects ", How can I say it correctly?.
The plants’s leaves of maize are destroyed by the insects?
The maize’s plants’s leaves are destroyed by the insects?

The maize plant’s leaves are destroyed by the insects.
The leaves of the maize plant are destroyed by the insects.
(Maize is uncountable).

HI everyone…
I have the same answer …
She’s 19 and she’s a student. It means she is 19 and she is a student. It is a way to shorten the written sentence.
Sarah’s boyfriend is an accountant. Here “s” is a possessive case. It means Her boyfriend is an accountant.

Hi Torsten,

The apostrophe ‘s’ phrases in red are possessive adjectives whereas those in blue are contracted or shortened forms of ’ …is…’. For example: ‘She’s getting married soon.’ meaning ‘she is getting married soon.’ On the other hand, ’ John’s money has been stolen!’ means ’ The money belonging or possessed by John has been stolen.’

Looking forward to your next lesson. Thank you and bye!

Jenny

It’s mean ( is ) in the blue ones, and it’s ( possessive) in the red ones

Hello,
Today, I introduce to you my friends, I’ve many friends but I think PHuong’s my best firend! SHe’s 27 yeras old and she’s also a teacher and teaching the same school as me. Now, I talk about her family. Phuong’s family consists of six people: parents, three sisters. a younger brother and her. Phuong’s hobbies are playing sport, especially soccer and getting up late.
IF I have time permits, I will talk more about her!
Byeeeeeeeeeeee!

sir
iam fasil i am an indian i am studying in networking in india .my father is a driver in saudi arabia
i have 2 yonger brother,1yelder brother&one sister.we engoy living in our littile family.
i am very happy to join your entair course.i have recieved your 6th lesson.
i will be many mistakes so please solve my mistakes .can you help me? i must speaking english because in my field must speak english so i will achieve my target please help me

Hi torsten,
the letter “s” in blue is a short writing of to be (is). and “s” in red is possessive.
I will try to give some examples:
-Dat’s motocycle was broken because of a sharp nail.
-Mary was so happy when received strange’s gift

Hi pals,
Here is my sentences about our lesson. Please correct me if i’m wrong:

My name is nuriz. I have a cat. My cat’s name is Momey. She’s 3 years old. She’s very fat and lazy. She like to sleep in my mother’s bedroom and the only things that she love to do is eating. She has a beautiful eyes. The color of her left eye is yellow and right eye is blue.
Every day, i’ll force her to accompany me to go to the park although i know she’s would prefer sitting at a couch & waiting my mother feeding her with a chocolate. Whatever she is, i really love my Momey. The only pet that i have.

cheer,
nuriz

The «s» is red when it shows possession (Possessive 's), and it is blue when it means “is” (the short form).

Hello,Mr. I think the red one is a possessive.and the blue one is a short form of is.

I think the blue"s" is: husband’s name = name of husband.
And he’s an engineer = he is an engineer. Right?

Dear Torsten
The red is the possesif
The bleu is the contract form of to be verb
By, Giuseppe

this is laptop my brothers. His name is Atilla. hes married. his vife name is Nurten. Hes a computer engineer and hes working a big bank. his wife a secretary.
she`s working a small company.