Positive shut off

“A faucet with a positive shut off should be provided so that little or no storage capacity need be provided”.
Could someone give me more clarification of the above sentence’s meaning?
Thank you.

I’d like to have a wider context here in order to link two terms: ‘storage capacity’-- the maximum number of bits, bytes, words, or items that can be held in a memory system such as that of a computer or of the brain–and ‘a positive shut off’. A shutoff valve is a valve designed for positive closure to prevent flow within a piping system. For reasons of safety all gas instalations in closed areas should have a positive shut-off valve to prevent gas leakage when the engine doesn’t operate.
Combined, the two terms sound to me relating to the situation when a liquid\gas should be prevented from leakage by means of a shut-off valve, in which case you don’t have to have a container to collect it.
Again, I’d have a look at a wider excerpt.

The source of water and pumping facilities for such systems should be sized to provide a rate of 80 liters per capita per day. Each public faucet could serve an area approximately 0.2 square kilometers (a circle of 500 meters in diameter) or approximately 500 persons. A faucet with a positive shut off should be provided so that little or no storage capacity need be provided. At the present time, however, only one of the eight water systems has any public faucets.

Well, that makes good sense. Still I’m not sure how justifiable the usage of ‘storage capacity’ in the context was.

As to ‘any’-- that means one, some, or several, no matter what kind or quality. That is, seven out of eight water systems don’t have public faucets at all.

Storage capacity - simply refers to the amount of water that can be stored in the facility. It’s perfectly logical and is used correctly.