Point of view

I have now twice called on Bev to retract her serious and indeed nonsensical allegation that I am a liar and she has chosen to ignore my suggestion. This leaves me with no alternative but to label her a liar for attempting to spread a malicious untruth about me.

Alan

Alan, surely your disagreement with Bev would be better conducted in private. It demeans you, as a site founder, to attack a willing volunteer in open view of your students. It is too late to retract your posts as too many have already read them, but I would urge you to delete them.

Kitos.

Hi Bill,

Good to hear from you. Thank you for your comments. You say I am attacking Bev. I have to point out that I am simply responding to a malicious and unfounded allegation. You also say that I should conduct this matter in private. Unfortunately Bev refuses to read my private messages. Finally I ask you whether you would like to be called a liar on your own website when you know that this is without foundation.

Best wishes,

Alan

Alan, by openly challenging Bev you are initiating this situation. Surely the gentlemanly course would be to brush this situation aside and just accept that it has gone on far too long. Volunteers like Bev are not exactly queuing up to help you and Torsten out, are they now? Both she and Luschen are your pillars of support … take care that they remain so.
Just saying…

Kitos.

1 Like

“of its own”

Wow, thanks Kitosdad - just trying to continue the example that you set!

1 Like

I know you mean well Bill, but ‘initiating the situation’ is wrong because remember I am the one being called a liar. I think you are naive to suggest that ‘the gentlemanly course’ is called for. Oh yeah? Someone calls you a liar and you just brush this aside - I don’t think so. Believe me, your ‘pillars’ have come and gone many times over the years long before you joined the forums and many of them had a sound knowledge of grammar and the ability to explain why we said this and not that. Two facts, my friend:

(1) I am not a liar.

and

(2) The ‘pillar’ in question is more likely to turn to salt before she ever leaves these forums.

Alan

1 Like

I do not hand out accolades lightly Luschen. Believe me, you deserve whatever praise I am able to heap upon the shoulders of both you and Beverley.
Volunteers like you two, are as rare as rocking-horse manure. Keep up the good work.

Kitos.

1 Like

Enough! - Please stop the handbags and lock this and have time out!

Think for just a moment this is the silly season (Post Christmas) a low after a high when people can lose their perspectives and do and say silly things they don’t normally marriage breakups, Sibling Rivalry and Family Breakups, Suicides, Road rage, Cat fights, Neighbour fights all peak at this time & all they need is a spark!

Like my dear Mother used to say “least said soonest mended”

Would world war 3 be going to far?

1 Like

(1) I beg to differ.

(2) Oh dear. If that is your understanding of a ‘fact’ then no wonder you are confused about a lie.

1 Like

I fear you have missed the point of (2)

1 Like

I fear you have missed the point far more.
Would you like me to explain the problem with your statement, given as ‘fact’?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

“The ‘pillar’ in question is more likely to turn to salt before she ever leaves these forums.”

Sodium comprises about 250g of the average human body. That amount is in my body now and will not increase significantly at any point in my lifetime or after I die.

You can argue that you were speaking metaphorically, but you presented the information as ‘fact’.

1 Like

Gosh - 8.18 ounces. My, you must be very small indeed!

To my mind ‘turn to’ was meant to indicate wholly as in Lot’s wife!

1 Like

Oh dear. Still missing the point completely.
FACT: the human body does not whoilly turn to salt, ever. Therefore I will leave the forums before that happens (one way or another) so your ‘fact’ is actually ‘fiction’.

1 Like

Get a life! Of course it doesn’t - that is the point. Heaven help us! Lighten Up.

1 Like

Make up your mind. You stated it was a fact.
It seems the ‘rules’ change dependent on what suits you. Hardly surprising under the circumstances… it’s a perfect illustration of how much I’d trust what you say.

1 Like

All right, let’s flog it to death! FACT : You will never leave the site. Got it? Phew!

1 Like

Unless you’re trying out some amateur reverse psychology in an attempt to get me to leave (which won’t work) then you ought to think that through.

1 Like