Please use the 'quick reply' window, thanks.

Hi everyone,

Could you please do us a favor and use the ‘quick reply’ window when you answer someone? I understand that many of you are used to clicking on the ‘quote’ button which automatically puts the previous post above your entry when you type. However, this results and many repeated sentences that clutter up your screens.

The solution is simple: Instead of clicking on the ‘quote’ button you just enter your message in the white window below the last post. You don’t need to click any buttons, simply enter your message and hit ‘submit’.

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Art[YSaerTTEW443543]

I use the ‘post reply’ button most of the time. Can I safely assume that’s still OK?

Using the ‘post reply’ button is fine, Amy. Many users prefer the ‘quote function’ because they want to see the previous post while composing their response. The ‘post reply’ and ‘answer’ don’t let you see the previous post. That’s why the ‘quick reply’ window is a good alternative since you don’t even have to click on any buttons to write your text.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of History (2)[YSaerTTEW443543]

<<However, this results and many repeated sentences that clutter up your screens. >>

Is that English, Torsten?

<<That’s why the ‘quick reply’ window is a good alternative since you don’t even have to click on any buttons to write your text.>>

And how do we then indicate which are our words and which are quoted?

This is what you usually do. You copy entire posts using the quote function even if those messages consist of one single sentence. Why repeat what has already been said?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (3)[YSaerTTEW443543]

Why repeat what has already been said?

If one wants to refer to a part of what was said, one may need to quote.

That’s fine. I was referring to the fact that you usually use the quote function for any of your replies.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What does the professor imply about Leonardo da Vinci?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Do I?

hello,…
I use the ‘post reply’ button most of the time. Can I safely assume that’s still OK?

That’s fine, Heidy.
Welcome to the forums.