Please reviw my essay about success.

Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is suggested that success can come either from careful planning or from taking risks. It is not easy to take risks without a previous knowledge; inexperience can cause to make a bad decision. The most successful people have not reach success by playing with their lives. Thus, in my personal opinion success comes from careful planning; which allows recognizing easily the advantages and disadvantages of situations, estimating precisely the time invested in the process and also designing a contingency plan in case of being necessary. In fact, I believe that careful planning allows people to take risks.

To start with, careful planning involves recognizing the advantages and disadvantages of situations. These details are extremely important to have better criteria and make a good decision. If there are more disadvantages than advantages, or they are not easy to overcome, then, the project can be rejected. While this is true, without careful planning a project that surely is going to fail can be approved.

In addition, it is easier to estimate times with careful planning because every step of the process is took into account. For instance, with careful planning I can know the approximated time needed to present a final project in my work thus, I can tell to my boss the date when he will have it on his hands. If I do not plan my project I could offer to finish it in a non real time damaging my professional image. Failure of scheduled times in big projects can cause a lot of money and also your dismiss.

Moreover, a contingency plan can be designed if things are planned carefully. Unexpected situations are always predictable since the details are being analyzed. For example, in buildings there are emergency exits and stairs in case of fire, in airplanes there are life vests and oxygen masks in case of emergencies. As well as these implements, there are a large number of possibilities to overcome these non desired situations.

To conclude, careful planning is the way to success; the advantages and disadvantages are recognized, time involved is estimated and a contingency plan can be designed in order to overcome a situation and make the best decision. Finally, once planning becomes natural is feasible to take risks.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Comparative Religion

oops, triple posted

oops, triple posted

Hi, I really enjoyed this essay. Your structure is excellent and your reasoning is very good for the most part. Unfortunately, you had numerous small grammatical errors and many awkward sounding phrases and words that just weren’t quite right. So I would rate this essay a 3.5 out of 5.

Thanks for your comments, I have made some improvements. Could you review it?

Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It has been suggested that success can come either from careful planning or from taking risks. It is not easy to take risks without a previous knowledge; inexperience can cause a bad decision. The most successful people have not reached success by taking risks all the time. Thus, in my personal opinion success comes from careful planning. Then, it is feasible to: recognize the advantages and disadvantages of situations, estimate the time invested in the process and also desig a contingency plan in case one is necessary. In fact, I believe that careful planning allows people to take risks.

To start with, in careful planning it is necessary to analyse the advantages and disadvantages of situations. These details are extremely important to have better criteria and make a good decision. If there are more disadvantages than advantages, or they are not easy to overcome, then, the project should be rejected. But, without careful planning a project that surely is going to fail can mistakenly be approved.

In addition, it is easier to estimate times with careful planning because every step of the process is taken into account. For instance, with careful planning I can know the approximated time needed to present a final project in my work. Thus, I can tell my boss the date when he will have it in his hands. If I do not plan my project I could promise to finish it in a unrealistic time damaging my professional image. Failure to meet deadlines in big projects can cause the loss of much money and also get you fired.

Moreover, a contingency plan can be designed if things are planned carefully. Since unexpected situations are sure to happen this plan is very useful and it just can be designed when all the details have been analyzed. For example, in buildings there are emergency exits and stairs in case of fire, in airplanes there are life vests and oxygen masks in case of emergencies. As well as these implements, there are a large number of possibilities to overcome these undesirable situations.

To conclude, careful planning is the way to success; the advantages and disadvantages are recognized, time involved is estimated and a contingency plan can be designed in order to overcome a situation and make the best decision. Finally, once planning becomes natural it becomes feasible to take risks.

Hi, I think this is much better. Only a couple very minor errors and that one sentence that seems confusing to me. I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5.

I read your new essay, too.
And I think it’s really good!!
Just let you know.

triple posted!

What I’m trying to say is that as well as the emergency implements mentioned there are lots of contingency plans for every undesirable situation. It’s like saying that every risky operation has a preventive management that let you know how to react if this happen in a coherent and precisely way; for example every work accident could be prevented and if was not prevented can be mitigated. I would really like to clarify this point :slight_smile: