Please review my essay and rate it please....

1. Many people choose to copy celebrities seen on TV and in magazines. Try to explain why it is happening. Is it a positive or a negative development? Give your own opinion.
    It is irrefutable that the action and behavior of celebrities have more good or bad effect on people especially on youth. Celebrities are increasingly becoming role models for the youth as their images and lifestyles are splashed across televisions, movies, magazines, and internet in today’s era of technology. I strongly believe this is largely a negative development. A Number of arguments surround my opinion.
    To begin with, media is always trying to make these celebrities more and more famous by portraying their images as they are super hero and what they are doing is right. This is the main reason, today many youngsters following these celebrities blindly. Celebrities often shown as smoking and drinking excessively on screen, this can be very harmful to the teens that they pick up on these behaviors and think it is normal to smoke and drink like their favorite celebrity. What is more, almost every other day, a celebrity is in trouble with law in term of drug abuse and addiction. Moreover, many celebrities are brand ambassadors of wine and liquor products, where they promote these products and their admirers starts boozing as their role model is promoting it.
    Furthermore, some celebrities create impossible standards of beauty and looks as a result of which more and more teenagers feel less confident and more dissatisfied with their look. Teenagers are at their puberty, where they undergo massive changes physically, mentally and emotionally. For instance, girls try to become thinner like their favorite television or movie star, where boys try to get good physical look as their favorite hero. To achieve desired body structure they attempt unhealthy ways, like taking mussel gain pills or fat reducing medicines, which may have detrimental effect on their health.
    Another major issue of concern is that, these celebrities are putting too much inappropriate contents in media. Youngsters who normally follow their role model, tries to dress up, look and behave like them. We have seen in news that, many children has tried to jump from building in assumption that their favorite super hero like Spiderman or Superman can come to same them. Because of the many non-realistic things shown on TV and on movies about these celebrities, today’s youth is going far away from the reality.
    To conclude, I would like to reiterate my view by saying that, following any celebrity blindly has destroyed and will continue to destroy teenager’s perception of reality. Celebrities need to change their way of act and how they are viewed on media. Their actions and behaviors have more effect on us than they think.

Hi, I think your writing is very good. I am not sure I agree with your overall structure though. The prompt asks two questions, why is it happening and it is a positive or negative development. You have sort of combined your answers, at least in the first body paragraph, but your explanation as to why this is happening seems to get short shrift and what little explanation there is is mixed up with your reasons why it is a negative development. You do have a lot of good reasons to support that though, with some specific examples to support your points. Grammatically, you do have some errors in verb conjugation, punctuation, and some sentence construction errors. Overall, I would rate this about a band 6.5 - it depends on how well the grader likes your organization and how well they feel you answered the first question of the prompt.

Thanks a lot Luschen for the analysis.